You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

BBC had Spain V Italy from 2012 on earlier. I had forgotten just how good Spain where. The first half was as good as any performance I've ever seen. They had 6 of the games best ever midfielders all in the one side and 2 centre back capable of slotting into midfield. Pirlo was a brilliant player but he wasn't for to clean Iniesta and Xavi's boots. Those 2 were unreal.

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Is there any point having the semi finals at wembley this year?. They were only moved there so the FA could recoup the ridiculous costs of building it quicker. 

I think they signed a contract making sure they are played there for 25 years or something when it was built.

13 hours ago, No2 said:

BBC had Spain V Italy from 2012 on earlier. I had forgotten just how good Spain where. The first half was as good as any performance I've ever seen. They had 6 of the games best ever midfielders all in the one side and 2 centre back capable of slotting into midfield. Pirlo was a brilliant player but he wasn't for to clean Iniesta and Xavi's boots. Those 2 were unreal.

Harsh comment on Pirlo. He would not have looked out of place in that Spain team such was his quality.

Jordan Ayew gets up after a challenge. Has a look at his opponent, leans to the side and accurately elbows him in the face. Right in front of the ref. No reaction from the ref and VAR does nothing after reviewing it for about four minutes.

How are these incompetent fuckers ever going to be taken seriously?

Guest Alex_K
6 hours ago, Baltar said:

Harsh comment on Pirlo. He would not have looked out of place in that Spain team such was his quality.

No @No2 is right. Peak Xavi and Iniesta were other worldly. Pirlo had plenty of opportunities to strike that effect (being in a midfield with Seedorf, Kaka & Gattuso no less) but didn’t come close. World class player in his own right but those 2 were the best ever at what they did. There was about 5 years before Munich hammered them where world class teams would say fuck it and basically not even try to compete in midfield and just sit on the edge of their own box and try to punt a long ball (like Chelsea) or hope for a long range strike (like United) for 90 minutes.

6 hours ago, Baltar said:

I am being harsh, @Alex_K summed it up better. Great player but he was competing with once in a lifetime types.

16 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Jordan Ayew gets up after a challenge. Has a look at his opponent, leans to the side and accurately elbows him in the face. Right in front of the ref. No reaction from the ref and VAR does nothing after reviewing it for about four minutes.

How are these incompetent fuckers ever going to be taken seriously?

Ayew is one snide, crying little fuck. I’m really beginning to despise him.

Sane off to Bayern Munich for initial £45m and it could rise to just under £54m. I heard rumours they will use the money towards Jack Grealish to replace David Silva.