You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

What pisses me off about any potential signing we make is the bellend pundits and fans on social media immediately believe that any new signing will replace someone or not get in the team. 

Every time we were linked with Werner everything was about him not getting enough games. Never seems to be a problem for the Man City midfield or attack. Sane wants to leave but more because he wants to go back to Germany. 

Most successfully teams play 60 games a season and players need a rest or get injured. The only time most players will sulk is if they are on the bench for a final.

People say no one will come and sit on the bench but we don't bother with the domestic cups and we play virtually the same 11 in every game and run them into the ground. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I really hope FSG don't take the attitude of job done when we win the league and allow us to stand still while the teams around us improve. 

Our squad needs reinforcements.

Didn't they already do that after winning the champions League? 

18 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I really hope FSG don't take the attitude of job done when we win the league and allow us to stand still while the teams around us improve. 

I think it will only happen if Salah or Mane get sold but there is a limited time for them to get a massive transfer fee for them, that and only about 2 or 3 clubs could pay it.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think it will only happen if Salah or Mane get sold but there is a limited time for them to get a massive transfer fee for them, that and only about 2 or 3 clubs could pay it.

Both are 28 so you'd have to say next summer would be pretty much the outside, by which time both would be 29.

25 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

What pisses me off about any potential signing we make is the bellend pundits and fans on social media immediately believe that any new signing will replace someone or not get in the team. 

Every time we were linked with Werner everything was about him not getting enough games. Never seems to be a problem for the Man City midfield or attack. Sane wants to leave but more because he wants to go back to Germany. 

Most successfully teams play 60 games a season and players need a rest or get injured. The only time most players will sulk is if they are on the bench for a final.

People say no one will come and sit on the bench but we don't bother with the domestic cups and we play virtually the same 11 in every game and run them into the ground. 

Please, come on. city had a £60m fullback playing his 9th game this season. How much do you think city are paying him to sit on the bench and only play 8 times before tonight? And that's IF he makes most matchday squads! I bet he's on more than van Dijk's reputed £127,000 a week.

That's why it's never a problem for city because they're paying their squad players more or as much as our first 11.

Why do people say they dont want us run like city with filthy money then say why dont we pay squaddies nearly £130 grand a week to sit and scratch their arse virtually every week?

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Please, come on. city had a £60m fullback playing his 9th game this season. How much do you think city are paying him to sit on the bench and only play 8 times before tonight? I bet he's on more than van Dijk's reputed £127,000 a week.

That's why it's never a problem for city because they're paying their squad players more or as much as our first 11.

Why do people say they dont want us run like city with filthy money then say why dont we pay squaddies nearly £130 grand a week to scratch their arse virtually every week?

Yes, they've bought about 6 full backs which is why I didnt mention their defence. I know they are loaded and I don't expect Liverpool to have two £60m players for every position.

What I do expect is Liverpool to at least have another quality player who can rotate with the front 3 because of the sheer amount of games we play and not to have a massive drop off in quality.

Also for us to have a decent back up left back even if he's a decent free transfer or a loan. I'm also not against academy players taking squad positions if they are good enough and not because it saves the club money. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yes, they've bought about 6 full backs which is why I didnt mention their defence. I know they are loaded and I don't expect Liverpool to have two £60m players for every position.

What I do expect is Liverpool to at least have another quality player who can rotate with the front 3 because of the sheer amount of games we play and not to have a massive drop off in quality.

Also for us to have a decent back up left back even if he's a decent free transfer or a loan. I'm also not against academy players taking squad positions if they are good enough and not because it saves the club money. 

There's no argument that we couldn't use a 4th quality forward. And everyone knows a top player wouldn't mind being in competition with other top players for a singular spot and that there would be games available for all 4. That line of thinking as you say is bollocks. But clearly, there's only so many top earners we can handle and we're probably at that threshold right now. The reason has to be financial. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Aguero may be out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Pep is so full of shit. He always says he won't be without players then they mysteriously recover in a week. Must have a good contact for horse placenta.

4 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Standing still? If only. We're losing Shaqiri, Lallana and goodness knows who else. Next season's squad will be thinner than this season's.