You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Just now, Grinch said:

He certainly looked better before they give him money to spend and we found out he didn't really have a gameplan.   There's a manager that comes up every year or two and does okish whilst not sticking eleven men behind the ball, I'd put him in the Holloway, Coyle bracket.

Nah thats a bit harsh. Coyle was garbage and Holloway is just out on his own planet somewhere shouting at squirrels for eating his cabbage 

Guest Pistonbroke

That's red all day. He got the ball but his studs were always in a position that could cause an injury. Obviously VAR as shit as ever. 

Guest Alex_K

Back to Asenal - Arteta set the tone for today with that piteous team selection against City. It was analogus to when McClaren/Allardyce/Pulis/insert other English medicority used to throw the towel in before the game started against Ferguson at Old Trafford. Presumably he was completely in awe of the untouchable Pep, hence threw his reserves out there. Risible.

Guest Alex_K

Ibe & Solanke have scored a combined 3 goals in 112 league games for Bournemouth. Between them, that means they score less than 1 goal in 37 games.

Let that soak in - for a £35 million winger/striker pair, they get on average half-a-goal a season each. Remarkable.

Just now, Stickman said:

Can't make my mind up whether I feel sorry for Solanke or think he's one of the luckiest men alive picking up a five figure wage when he'd struggle in non-league football 

I've decided he's incredibly lucky and good luck to him 

It fills in the awful void of what sounds like two dicks commentating on a training match in an empty stadium. While I have the TV on, I'm not watching it all the time, so it just sounds like a normal match, whereas without the added fan soundtrack, it sounds extremely odd and distracting, not to mention, annoying.

It was funny last night, when the goals were scored, and the sound of the fans celebrating a goal came about 4-5 seconds after the goal went in. Seems the guy on sound wasn't paying attention, or had fallen asleep, or something. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Ibe & Solanke have scored a combined 3 goals in 112 league games for Bournemouth. Between them, that means they score less than 1 goal in 37 games.

Let that soak in - for a £35 million winger/striker pair, they get on average half-a-goal a season each. Remarkable.

Was just thinking that. 

Solanke - £19m - 1 in 55 in the league.

There can't have been a worse striker in the top flight that has played as many games.

43 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Back to Asenal - Arteta set the tone for today with that piteous team selection against City. It was analogus to when McClaren/Allardyce/Pulis/insert other English medicority used to throw the towel in before the game started against Ferguson at Old Trafford. Presumably he was completely in awe of the untouchable Pep, hence threw his reserves out there. Risible.

Nah, these managers all think they're geniuses. He started Saka, Willock and Nketiah up front thinking of the credit he'd receive for playing the kids had they gotten a result. 

Guest Alex_K
4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Was just thinking that. 

Solanke - £19m - 1 in 55 in the league.

There can't have been a worse striker in the top flight that has played as many games.

Statistically you could almost certainly take someone from the Sunday Leagues and they'd probably score at least 1 in 55. Add to that some of those 55 games were for us, where the ball spends lots of time in and around the opposition penalty box. For a professional athlete to be that bad & paid millions for it is almost admirable in its own way.

10 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

It fills in the awful void of what sounds like two dicks commentating on a training match in an empty stadium. While I have the TV on, I'm not watching it all the time, so it just sounds like a normal match, whereas without the added fan soundtrack, it sounds extremely odd and distracting, not to mention, annoying.

It was funny last night, when the goals were scored, and the sound of the fans celebrating a goal came about 4-5 seconds after the goal went in. Seems the guy on sound wasn't paying attention, or had fallen asleep, or something. 

First time it happened, I thought the goal had been disallowed, the cheer came so late.

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

Statistically you could almost certainly take someone from the Sunday Leagues and they'd probably score at least 1 in 55. Add to that some of those 55 games were for us, where the ball spends lots of time in and around the opposition penalty box. For a professional athlete to be that bad & paid millions for it is almost admirable in its own way.

He's not actually a terrible footballer. His touch is reasonably good, he's quite strong, quite quick, he just offers absolutely zero threat of actually scoring a goal. Which, you know, for a striker isn't great.

Should have become a centre back or a holding midfielder.

• Upvote 1