You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

David Luiz is a fucking clown. I genuinely don’t understand how anyone could rate him as a footballer.

He's a really good footballer. He's just a terrible defender, especially in a two man defence.

I don't know why anyone hasn't just played him at DM given his physical and technical attributes.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, Em City said:

He's a really good footballer. He's just a terrible defender, especially in a two man defence.

I don't know why anyone hasn't just played him at DM given his physical and technical attributes.

He's physically shot now. 33, always had terrible concentration evidently but no longer has the physical characteristics to bail him out. What is left over is a rash, overly expansive defender who is getting sent off 800% more often than a couple of years ago because he no longer has the tools to play the game at this level. Off to Brazil or Portugal he goes.

Quite how Arsenal got themselves into this state is anyone's guess .. it is almost unfathomably impossible to have made as many bad decisions for as long a period of time as they have done.

5 hours ago, aRdja said:

David Luiz is a fucking clown. I genuinely don’t understand how anyone could rate him as a footballer.

At least we know now why he’s one of the few footballers who’s had no problem with social distancing 

5b645123bda1c747028b456f?width=1100&form

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Brilliant comment. So...

”If the watches had gone off it’d have been a goal but because they didn’t go off we could have looked but didn’t because they didn’t go off”.

9F3CAA48-F848-439E-9366-C305B38366BF.jpeg

That makes no sense at all. Here are some other suggestions... 

_112957497_bbc.jpg

_112957499_poole.jpg

_112957494_singh.jpg

VAR only intervenes in clear and obvious errors, supposedly, so as there had never been a problem with Hawkeye before they didn’t think it was a clear and obvious error. It’s a simple enough explanation, but I suspect they’ll now be double-checking all Hawkeye decisions.

If you're going to play Luiz at centre back, it's better to put him central in a back 3 where he is the libero. Failing that, you play him as a defensive midfielder but make sure you have a highly energetic type alongside him.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

VAR only intervenes in clear and obvious errors, supposedly, so as there had never been a problem with Hawkeye before they didn’t think it was a clear and obvious error. It’s a simple enough explanation, but I suspect they’ll now be double-checking all Hawkeye decisions.

The guys operating the VAR are surely watching the game regardless of hawkeye, if Sky can show that reply within seconds surely someone should be straight onto the ref to tell them it was 100% clear goal, because it was clear and obvious.

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

Not sure why so many people were expecting a positive result for Arsenal ( Looking at you here, Dave ) , after tonight's debacle they are without a win in their last 26 away games against the other top 6 sides. Should be called Moyesnal.

Wasnt aware of the stats but hope sprang eternal.

To be honest, I thought city huffed and puffed for most of that first half until Sideshow made his customary gaffe. Sterling hadnt scored in 2020 and looked like he was going to continue that run until Bob gifted him the one on one with the keeper.

Sure, city had a couple of chances before they actually scored but Leno was equal to them. Arse had one unfortunate injury to that Xakha, who turned his ankle in the first few minutes. That clearly unsettled the game plan. Think the other lad strained a tendon as well?

Couldnt believe how uninterested Aubameyang looked all game. He certainly has the air of a player who'd rather be somewhere else. You'd have thought Arteta would have given that lad Martinelli(?) the whole of the 2nd half. He might not have scored but he'd have looked a hell of a lot more interested than Aubameyang did.

I might stand alone here but I can't help but feel the Sheffield United striker pushed the keeper over the line. If the goal had been given, VAR could quite easily have disallowed it anyway.

1 hour ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

I might stand alone here but I can't help but feel the Sheffield United striker pushed the keeper over the line. If the goal had been given, VAR could quite easily have disallowed it anyway.

I thought keeper was pushed by his own player?

• Upvote 1