You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Alex_K

8 years in a row for Bayern .. all a bit mental for a non-oligarchal club in a developed national league. If we were depressed with United in the 90s think how the rest of Germany have been in the 2010s. Just total domination (one Mr Klopp aside).

Guest Pistonbroke

Hamburg could only manage a draw last night (they now only have 2 games left) so with 3 games to go Bielefeld have been promoted. They officially only need a point to also win the Second Bundesliga title, but Hamburg can no longer catch them, and with such a superior goal difference over Stuttgart as I explained above that is more or less in the bag. It has been a great season for them and being in the Bundesliga will not only be good for the team but the City itself. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hamburg could only manage a draw last night (they now only have 2 games left) so with 3 games to go Bielefeld have been promoted. They officially only need a point to also win the Second Bundesliga title, but Hamburg can no longer catch them, and with such a superior goal difference over Stuttgart as I explained above that is more or less in the bag. It has been a great season for them and being in the Bundesliga will not only be good for the team but the City itself. 

Still buzzing that St Pauli stuffed them 2 nil 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Still buzzing that St Pauli stuffed them 2 nil 

St Pauli also beat them at home 2-0 to do the derby double. When you visit the area you bump into loads of St Pauli fans, same as the Bayern area with 1860 München fans. 

20 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

CL back as a straight knockout in August in Lisbon. Should definitely be a different / 2/3rds sized trophy for the winner.

Wonder if any blueshite fans reckon the winners should have an asterisk against their name.

32 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

CL back as a straight knockout in August in Lisbon. Should definitely be a different / 2/3rds sized trophy for the winner.

Id say city nailed on to win that then unless the sheer number of games they have to play in the league, FA Cup and CL catches up with them. Hopefully Bayern will give them a game!

30 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Bayern would hammer City.

Based on how Bayern have played recently & how Citeh have been all season, I’d agree.

However, Bayerns season ends on 4th July & they won’t play a competitive game until 7th or 8th August.

If Citeh end the season well & look

sharp then they are still the team to beat IMO but if Bayern can keep their current rhythm then it’ll be very interesting. 

30 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I’d have fancied us if we hadn’t played a second leg which should never have taken place 

We were brilliant in that game. It’s been pissing me over since that we’d lost our last game before the break.

We’d have Alisson back now as well.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Waiting for this game Villa v Sheff United is a bit like anticipating the FA Cup final of 20 to 25 years ago! Looking forward to this even though we arent playing. Not sure who I would prefer to win though!

Shelf Utd. Fuck Villa 

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Based on how Bayern have played recently & how Citeh have been all season, I’d agree.

However, Bayerns season ends on 4th July & they won’t play a competitive game until 7th or 8th August.

If Citeh end the season well & look

sharp then they are still the team to beat IMO but if Bayern can keep their current rhythm then it’ll be very interesting. 

Bayern will look to stay fit knowing they're playing in the CL though. They may be able to arrange a few friendlies and it's possible they'd be in pre season training for the Bundesliga?

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Waiting for this game Villa v Sheff United is a bit like anticipating the FA Cup final of 20 to 25 years ago! Looking forward to this even though we arent playing. Not sure who I would prefer to win though!

I was thinking about who I want relegating early. 

West Ham & Brighton for sure & then I’m less fussed about the 3rd team. 

Bournemouth & Norwich are miles away with shit allocations, so that goes against team.

I do genuinely enjoy going to Villa & our record there is excellent.

...then I think about that day at Wembley & it brings me back to Earth. 

Norwixh & Bournemouth are largely inoffensive, I’d take significantly more pleasure seeing Villa go down.

So in summary to the initial question, Up The Blades!

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Bayern will look to stay fit knowing they're playing in the CL though. They may be able to arrange a few friendlies and it's possible they'd be in pre season training for the Bundesliga?

Might be difficult if other German clubs are on holiday & other countries are still finishing the leagues.

Also, a friendly is vastly different to the CL latter stages.

I’m sure they’ll try their best but it’ll be difficult m. 

I do suppose they have that Chelsea game to get up to speed again as Chelsea aren’t turning that first leg round.