You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

On 08/04/2020 at 23:03, Doctor Troy said:

This cunt keeps popping up on Twatter all the time. I've always been interested in Italian football as I have friends over there and been to a few games there, but every time I want to read some article about Serie A this pretentious cunt is always lurking about to offer her nonsensical opinions.

Granted that this clip is from a while back and Gordon Watson is a tit but listening to her voice is like listening to fingernails down a blackboard.

The way she exaggerates Italian players names and bigs up players like Cassano then just brings up random facts to try to make herself sound knowledgeable. Every young Italian player that scores a couple for Milan against Reggiana or SPAL is the next world superstar according to her. Then they end up on loan at Brescia or Cremonese.

She still tried to make out that Hazard was better than Salah after he won the Champions League making some weird observations about him and Firmino to make out that she sees something that no one else can. Also Hazard hasn't got a comparable scoring record to Salah.

Some female pundits are good like Alex Scott as she's actually played the game but how the fuck has this knobhead managed to blag a few gigs on telly.

Worse still she makes comments about the English game as if she is Italian but she is from Bahrain and has lived in London her whole life but for some bizarre reason supports Juventus. You know, that team that is dead close to Hammersmith. 

You're just another Juan Cuadrado you big fucking fraud.

God that's painful, how bad is that, she needs to be hooked. 

19 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

God that's painful, how bad is that, she needs to be hooked. 

It's awful. She just talks utter shit and makes out Serie A is some mystical kingdom that no one knows anything about.

She was raving about Cassano being one of the creative "geniuses" of a generation. Someone who scored 2 goals for Real Madrid and just roamed around a lot of clubs in Serie A before retiring.

Also kept going on about Patrick Cutrone at Milan making out he would be one of the best strikers in the world but signed for Wolves, did fuck all and is now on loan at Fiorentina.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's awful. She just talks utter shit and makes out Serie A is some mystical kingdom that no one knows anything about.

She was raving about Cassano being one of the creative "geniuses" of a generation. Someone who scored 2 goals for Real Madrid and just roamed around a lot of clubs in Serie A before retiring.

Also kept going on about Patrick Cutrone at Milan making out he would be one of the best strikers in the world but signed for Wolves, did fuck all and is now on loan at Fiorentina.

I'm glad to say that's the first and last time she will be in earshot. Thanks for the heads up as they say. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

No problem.

She has lived the majority of her life in London but for some reason thinks she is Italian. 

Aargh those pronunciations are fucking toe curling.

like that Guilem Ballarge fella who says what everyone else already knows but says Barthelona instead of Barcelona 

5 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Aargh those pronunciations are fucking toe curling.

like that Guilem Ballarge fella who says what everyone else already knows but says Barthelona instead of Barcelona 

He gets a pass as he's actually Spanish but she isn't even Italian.

Michael Robinson who had his own TV show in Spain would do the same when he would get interviewed in English. Would say Hhhhreal Madrir and Atleteeco Madrir. I wanted to put my foot through the TV.

Michael Robinson who had his own TV show in Spain would do the same when he would get interviewed in English. Would say Hhhhreal Madrir and Atleteeco Madrir. I wanted to put my foot through the TV.

There's that Scottish rugby commentator who always over-pronounces the French players' names.

You’re a kinder man than me. 

Theres a good Limmy sketch about newsreaders pronunciation on foreign city’s but I can’t find it. Like when they talk about Kabul they say “Kabooole” to show how worldly they are.

I don’t know where to put this so I’ll put it here!

I love having a nose at people's houses now on the video calls all shows are doing. Seems a lot of people like to show a bookcase behind them! I did have to laugh though at that twat Danny Mills - he’s blurred all his background so we couldn’t see anything! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, suzy said:

I love having a nose at people's houses now on the video calls all shows are doing. Send a lot of people like to show a bookcase behing them! I did have to laugh though at that twat Danny Mills - he’s blurred all his background so we couldn’t see anything! 

Haha, my missus is the same saying she doesnt like that kitchen and someone looked like they were say in a broom cupboard!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It must be a woman thing , my wife was in hysterics looking at Anton Du Beke's curtains when he was waffling on about fitness routines on TV am.

Haha! I’m just amused at all the big bookcases people like Peston sit in front of! And then Paul Merton was in front of DVD’s. 
I was quite surprised to see Carra’s huge entrance hall - looked like a stately home!

33 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha, my missus is the same saying she doesnt like that kitchen and someone looked like they were say in a broom cupboard!

It is interesting that some people clearly angle their camera so that you just see the ceiling! Can’t blame them really ...

13 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Theres a good Limmy sketch about newsreaders pronunciation on foreign city’s but I can’t find it. Like when they talk about Kabul they say “Kabooole” to show how worldly they are.

He probably over exaggerates Bathalona but at least he is Spanish. He does ramble on and talk some shit I agree, when the La Liga show on Sky first started he was seen as this all knowing expert but after a few months people realised he knew very little and was just talking nonsense.

When I talk to friends in Italy about footy they don't over exaggerate all the players names like this weirdo. Saying Criscito and "Creessceetio"

Here she is getting a cob on about the other two talking about match fixing in Italy when she's not even from Italy. Saying it wasnt match fixing but they "corroborated" with the refs. 

Even though she isn't Italian and has spent the majority of her like in England she starts harping on about "you English won it in 1966". Its like when John Fashanu suddenly decided he was Nigerian in the 1994 World Cup during commentary and kept referring to them as "we/us". 

Be funny if she ever got on a pundit show with Roy Keane or Souness. Souness would make her spontaneously combust if he said anything negative about Pogba because he has played for Juventus and Roy Keane would just tell her to fuck off.

12 hours ago, suzy said:

I love having a nose at people's houses now on the video calls all shows are doing. Seems a lot of people like to show a bookcase behind them! I did have to laugh though at that twat Danny Mills - he’s blurred all his background so we couldn’t see anything! 

And yet when people take naked selfies, they make the house look as scruffy as possible.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Anne Diamond saying Mos Cow years ago on tvam ruined my day. 

17 hours ago, Trumo said:

There's that Scottish rugby commentator who always over-pronounces the French players' names.

Have you ever heard him say "Perpignon" ? Christ almighty. 

Cameroon v England on BBC1 here. What a game.