You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

12 hours ago, kemskem said:

Just came across this 

Jimmy greaves: justice was done, it was only one hand from Dixon and a one handed save from the keeper.

Perhaps pundits have always spoken nonsense.

15 minutes ago, dave u said:

Anyone remember the season after Arsenal won the league they started running out into the centre circle before every game and waving to all four corners of the ground? Arrogant twats, I absolutely hated them for that.

We should emulate that for away games with the players mooning all corners. 

3 hours ago, dave u said:

Anyone remember the season after Arsenal won the league they started running out into the centre circle before every game and waving to all four corners of the ground? Arrogant twats, I absolutely hated them for that.

What would you think if Liverpool's players do that, assuming a) we win the League this season and b) we actually see the beginning of the next season sometime soon?

3 hours ago, dave u said:

Yeah and they were the first to start clapping the lino when he flagged the oppo striker offside when it was a close call.

Would I like Liverpool players doing that? No, I wouldnt.

30 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

What would you think if Liverpool's players do that, assuming a) we win the League this season and b) we actually see the beginning of the next season sometime soon?

We wouldn't do it because Klopp would never allow something like that.

IF, however, we did do it, I'd think it's funny because of how much it would wind people up, like it wound me up when Arsenal did it. I wouldn't blame anyone who thought we were arrogant twats for doing it though.

On 27/03/2020 at 10:48, Grinch said:

That young Ajax lad has woke from his coma after over two years. 

Imagine the confusion to waking up now in this world! 
Although I’ve looked it up and it seems he has pretty bad brain damage so not sure he’d know much that was going on around him. Poor lad, it’s been claimed he didn’t get the best care pitch side at the time. Shocking.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Radi Antic has died too, 71. Cause of death is unknown. 

It was his goal for Luton that made David Pleat skip across the pitch like a drunken dad at a wedding. The goal kept Luton up and relegated Man City. Antic later coached in La Liga, managing Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico, winning the league and cup double with them in 1996. Current Atletico coach Simeone played in that side.

46 minutes ago, Trumo said:

It was his goal for Luton that made David Pleat skip across the pitch like a drunken dad at a wedding. The goal kept Luton up and relegated Man City. Antic later coached in La Liga, managing Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico, winning the league and cup double with them in 1996. Current Atletico coach Simeone played in that side.

Really never knew that, I'm trying to think of the year in relation to his age of 71, could it be 35 years or so ago? 

13 hours ago, easytoslip said:

That long ago, so City got relegated later too as that what I was thinking about? 

Twas an inconic moment, pretty sure Match of The Day had it in their opening credits for the next season. I'll never forget being sat in with the home crowd at Maine Road with my city supporting mate in that game when Ball was manager. Rushie scored 2 and I had to sit on my hands. Im sure I was made by one city fan near us as he kept glancing at me when city scored twice to equalise and I had a gob on me.

Then all the fun with their corner and they pissed about taking it because Ball had indicated the 2-2 draw was enough to keep them up. Except it wasnt. Biggest laugh of the day that.

44 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Twas an inconic moment, pretty sure Match of The Day had it in their opening credits for the next season. I'll never forget being sat in with the home crowd at Maine Road with my city supporting mate in that game when Ball was manager. Rushie scored 2 and I had to sit on my hands. Im sure I was made by one city fan near us as he kept glancing at me when city scored twice to equalise and I had a gob on me.

Then all the fun with their corner and they pissed about taking it because Ball had indicated the 2-2 draw was enough to keep them up. Except it wasnt. Biggest laugh of the day that.

Haha, 

This cunt keeps popping up on Twatter all the time. I've always been interested in Italian football as I have friends over there and been to a few games there, but every time I want to read some article about Serie A this pretentious cunt is always lurking about to offer her nonsensical opinions.

Granted that this clip is from a while back and Gordon Watson is a tit but listening to her voice is like listening to fingernails down a blackboard.

The way she exaggerates Italian players names and bigs up players like Cassano then just brings up random facts to try to make herself sound knowledgeable. Every young Italian player that scores a couple for Milan against Reggiana or SPAL is the next world superstar according to her. Then they end up on loan at Brescia or Cremonese.

She still tried to make out that Hazard was better than Salah after he won the Champions League making some weird observations about him and Firmino to make out that she sees something that no one else can. Also Hazard hasn't got a comparable scoring record to Salah.

Some female pundits are good like Alex Scott as she's actually played the game but how the fuck has this knobhead managed to blag a few gigs on telly.

Worse still she makes comments about the English game as if she is Italian but she is from Bahrain and has lived in London her whole life but for some bizarre reason supports Juventus. You know, that team that is dead close to Hammersmith. 

You're just another Juan Cuadrado you big fucking fraud.

• Upvote 1