You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Stand by for the manc wankathon as they have just beaten a team I have honestly never heard of.

Contenders next season.

How's that going to work out for them if the season's going to be null and void? Or do the cretins think they're going to be exempt and every body else's season's just going to be fucked off?

17 hours ago, Bridgey said:

Morientes wasn’t it and he had the Proclaimers one as well 

Hmmm, I thought Morientes would be fantastic here but apart from his heading, he was pretty shit. Never forget missing out on that World Club title in 2005-06(?) because he couldnt find the net from 2 yards.

Michael Copra on Peter Whittingham.(only 35 yrs of age )..fallen down some stairs and died apparently 

Absolutely devastated to hear about my old teammate whitts what a legend you are i had some special memories with you and cant thank you enough for what you did on and off the pitch for me so sad to lose you mate at such a young age my deepest condolence to the family RIP Whitts https://t.co/rlBidj5ryk

On 16/03/2020 at 15:33, dockers_strike said:

Hmmm, I thought Morientes would be fantastic here but apart from his heading, he was pretty shit. Never forget missing out on that World Club title in 2005-06(?) because he couldnt find the net from 2 yards.

Morientes was good for us. He did not score enough goals, but that was because we did not play him as a striker, nstead we played him as a number 10. When we played him as a striker, he scored at a good rate. The problem was we almost never did.

• Upvote 1

Nah, Morientes was poor, way too slow for the PL. except at Monaco, for a year, he was more of a sub right ? He did no live up the early promise or the hype.

It’s not factual actually it’s more my memories . Just remember his first goal vs Fulham or Charlton ....

We’d have won the club World Cup in 05 if Rafa had started Crouch instead of Morientes who missed a shit load of chances in that game 
He was ok at times nothing more I guess I thought we were getting a similar type player to Litmanen when in fact he was way past his best.

• Upvote 1

John Giles just done is best Liverpool XI from 1960 to now.

Clemence

Smith 

VVD

Hansen 

Robertson

Gerrard

Souness 

Barnes

Kenny

Rush

Keegan 

Edit: for anyone having withdrawal symptoms newstalk.com will be discussing the 5 nil against Forest from 1988 in depth after 9.

3 hours ago, No2 said:

John Giles just done is best Liverpool XI from 1960 to now.

Clemence

Smith 

VVD

Hansen 

Robertson

Gerrard

Souness 

Barnes

Kenny

Rush

Keegan 

Edit: for anyone having withdrawal symptoms newstalk.com will be discussing the 5 nil against Forest from 1988 in depth after 9.

Tommy Smith over Lawrenson? Not for me Clive! And as ace as Robbo is, Barney Rubble for me! Fowler over Mighty Mouse upfront too!

I assume Smith is at right back, which is a bit unusual in that Chris Lawler was first choice through most of the sixties and Phil Neal would probably be my choice.To be fair Giles is of the Smith era and may well have been a mate.I would not have picked Keegan myself but he does seem a bit of a forgotten man with Liverpool fans considering his impact in raising us from the late 60's doldrums. It was actually Giles who caused the infamous Bremner / Keegan fight.

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

I assume Smith is at right back, which is a bit unusual in that Chris Lawler was first choice through most of the sixties and Phil Neal would probably be my choice.To be fair Giles is of the Smith era and may well have been a mate.I would not have picked Keegan myself but he does seem a bit of a forgotten man with Liverpool fans considering his impact in raising us from the late 60's doldrums. It was actually Giles who caused the infamous Bremner / Keegan fight.

I had the same thoughts about Lawler too. Although Smitty played right back at times, Lawler was the recognised right back through most of the 60s and it was Neal who broke his fullback goal scoring record. Obviously the pens Zico took help with that.

Id also have Barney Rubble ahead of robbo at left back as well and even then, Lindsay would run Robbo close for 2nd choice. How Roger Hunt doesnt get in that front line is beyond me. Is giles joshing?