You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

22 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

No two ways about it, don’t disagree. Just think it will be one of those things, especially with the Arteta connection. Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve dropped points in a game nobody would have expected this season.

You're not wrong.

When City are playing Arsenal, I always think of Clubber Lang's line about his strategy - "Don't need any, Arsenal are so predictable and stupid they come straight ahead. They're tailor made for us and they're going to get hurt."

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

Neville and Keane loving it now, United are back baby.

Was only a week ago they were a contentious VAR decision away from losing to Everton.

Remember the last 30 years, when we pretty much always finished in the top 6 whilst rarely threatening the top spot?

That's Utd for the next 30, hopefully.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

If they get 3 points or less from their next 2 league games, yes.

Whether that’s draw both, draw 1 lose 1, win 1 lose 1 or lose both.

Unlikely, but if they lose both of their next two games, we'll be champions before a ball is kicked against Everton.

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Got to be honest if I was a City fan I’d be pissed off having two Utd fans commentating and one of those being rat-boy  it would be kind of like asking Alan Stubbs to be impartial on our derby match.

same with Carra in ours get neutral commentators

5 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Got to be honest if I was a City fan I’d be pissed off having two Utd fans commentating and one of those being rat-boy  it would be kind of like asking Alan Stubbs to be impartial on our derby match.

But Tyler supports Woking.  Honest 

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

If that were to happen, I genuinely think an Everton win - in fact, even a draw - would be celebrated more than anything they’ve achieved since 1987.

Easy enough, they've achieved fuck all since 1987.

Even if City lose against Arsenal, we wouldn't win the league with a win at Everton would we? Mathematically City could still draw level and win on goal difference..... assuming we lose every single game....

Edit: Maths was never my strong point. We'd win by a point.

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

Even if City lose against Arsenal, we wouldn't win the league with a win at Everton would we? Mathematically City could still draw level and win on goal difference..... assuming we lose every single game....

What will the goal difference be?

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

These are great days lads. Drink it in.

I didn't think it would happen in our lifetime given what happened last season and previous title attempts, so I'm going to be celebrating from when it's confirmed for a whole fucking year.

If we win it again next year, add another year to that.

And so on...

I celebrated Madrid for a good 3 months.

As you said, drink it in, as you never know when the next one will be.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, M_B said:

City play two more games before the Derby.

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

The 'delayed the redshites coronation by a week' trophy.

I reckon they'll be all over GOT bragging about how much they managed to sell their ticket for. 

So even if they don't win the 'delaying the coronation' trophy, they'll each win a 'ripped off a redshite' medal as a consolation prize. 

I'm interested to see how much they try to bullshit to outdo each other,

"got 4 grand for mine lads" 

"that's shit, got 10 grand for mine, and I farted on the ticket before I handed it over."

"got 20 grand for mine, and he let me have a go on his wife aswell" 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I reckon they'll be all over GOT bragging about how much they managed to sell their ticket for. 

So even if they don't win the 'delaying the coronation' trophy, they'll each win a 'ripped off a redshite' medal as a consolation prize. 

I'm interested to see how much they try to bullshit to outdo each other,

"got 4 grand for mine lads" 

"that's shit, got 10 grand for mine, and I farted on the ticket before I handed it over."

"got 20 grand for mine, and he let me have a go on his wife aswell" 

"Sold mine to a RS in Yates' in town for £10,000, he was in a full kit including fucking boots - he was from fucking Cornwall or somewhere  - meff didn't even know how to get to ground so i put him on the 86A bus and told him he needs to stay on it to the end, hope the twat enjoys the planes at the airport"