You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I thought it’d be pitch side but he’s way up in the stands. Spurs are going to be in the shit for this.

WTF thats a very long ban at the least anyway fuck spurs if listen to their fans they think we are their rivals cause they finished a few seasons above us

Guest Alex_K
10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Imagine the manager of the club you support saying this:

He's been an absolute charlatan for years. If Guardiola and Klopp had been in the league rather than Rodgers and Pellegrini, he wouldn't have got near that last title with Chelsea. Hyping up an 81-point season with Utd. with Ibrahimovic/Pogba/Rooney/Lukaku etc. on the books as if it was some sort of achievement. An awful, reprehensible man.

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Looks like the fella with the orange hood is giving him the finger and then running off. 

Attack Attack Attack.....

Fuck me he’s got some ears if he heard the abuse coming from back there..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What happened did he see someone kicking off on his brother in the crowd? I'd of probably jumped over the barrier too.

I think someone in the crowd was vocalising how shit he is, followed by his brother defending him, and it all went downhill from there...,

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Fair play. Don't rate Dier but I do love players confronting gobshite fans. 

Same. I dont mind giving players shit and if they want to give it back to me, I dont have a problem. Mind being in the SKD upper they'd have a bit of trouble giving it back to me like but, you get the drift.

It gets on my tits when you're in a ground and you see fans giving a player some grief but when the player tells them to fuck off and more, the hard man fan complains to the nearest steward or bizzie.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, he should have prioritised the cup ahead of the League and CL. FFS!

I love Klopp, obviously, but I think the winter break proved that a week or 2 of "rest" isn't exactly the tonic we need to improve.

I can have an opinion that the FA cup is a big trophy.

So dry your eyes FFS!

10 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

I love Klopp, obviously, but I think the winter break proved that a week or 2 of "rest" isn't exactly the tonic we need to improve.

So dry your eyes FFS!

Course you can have your opinion. Im just telling you mine but hey, we've all got to say the same stuff, havent we?

You want to think the cup should be as big a priority as the league for Klopp, knock yourself out. But rightly, he sees a 30 year monkey as a bigger priority than a cup competition that every other team including city, make major changes in their team when competing in it.

Oh, and it isnt me who needs to dry their eyes.

49 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

So dry your eyes FFS!

This is something we should have known all along, but our squad is too thin to compete for everything. The only chance we would have in the FA Cup is with a real week or two break. That's one of the reasons Klopp cares about the break.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Course you can have your opinion. Im just telling you mine but hey, we've all got to say the same stuff, havent we?

You want to think the cup should be as big a priority as the league for Klopp, knock yourself out. But rightly, he sees a 30 year monkey as a bigger priority than a cup competition that every other team including city, make major changes in their team when competing in it.

Oh, and it isnt me who needs to dry their eyes.

Actually, it was you who reacted as if valuing the FA cup was a ridiculous position.

I think you can see it both ways. I wish Klopp had taken it seriously but I'm not exactly scratching my head to find the reasons why he rested players. He believes it will help our focus on the league. I don't think it will ultimately make much difference to our league campaign.

13 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Actually, it was you who reacted as if valuing the FA cup was a ridiculous position.

I think you can see it both ways. I wish Klopp had taken it seriously but I'm not exactly scratching my head to find the reasons why he rested players. He believes it will help our focus on the league. I don't think it will ultimately make much difference to our league campaign.

No, I reacted to the perceived criticism that Jurgen has to place as much importance on a cup comp, virtually every other club treats as a second team competition, when he's try to end 30 years without being champions.

I confess I cannot get my head around to the thinking the cup is on a par with the title and CL especially when you havent won the former for 30 years. But that's just me.

For what it's worth, I think Jurgen will give the FA Cup as a more serious consideration when he's secured number 19. But even then, Id prefer he concentrated on retaining the title, making it number 20 first and foremost.

• Upvote 3