You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Is she the ex keeper that does the Saturday show. Sadly saw a few mins of that a week or so ago. Who she was came across as a arrogant twat that thought she knew everything while spouting shite everytime the camera was on her

No that will be Rachel Brown. She was pundit in the women world cup and managed to come across more arrogant than the whole American contingent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Course it is. Arsenal get a further 30 minutes of home advantage, which balances it out.

Not for me.

I personally think away goal rule is outdated full stop, but that is another argument.

Home advantage is nothing like it used to be when away goals were first brought in and if you look at tie as a whole they have matched each other exactly in the two results - both winning 1-0 away, then they have played half an hour on top where they drew 1-1 and just for that goal by the away team in that half hour they win the whole tie that period is decisive but if that period ended 0-0 it wouldn't have been...not right for me.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not for me.

I personally think away goal rule is outdated full stop, but that is another argument.

Home advantage is nothing like it used to be when away goals were first brought in and if you look at tie as a whole they have matched each other exactly in the two results - both winning 1-0 away, then they have played half an hour on top where they drew 1-1 and just for that goal by the away team in that half hour they win the whole tie that period is decisive but if that period ended 0-0 it wouldn't have been...not right for me.

Yep, home advantage for 120 minutes in no way matches the potential of a double away goal advantage. Either have away goals only count double in the event of a draw after 90 minutes of the second leg, or do away with a rather archaic rule and once extra time kicks in, then it has to be a clear victory on aggregate. 

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yep, home advantage for 120 minutes in no way matches the potential of a double away goal advantage. Either have away goals only count double in the event of a draw after 90 minutes of the second leg, or do away with a rather archaic rule and once extra time kicks in, then it has to be a clear victory on aggregate. 

Once extra time kicks in then for me yeah has to be a clear winner.

26 minutes ago, Anubis said:

From the Arsenal Mania match thread....

rich 1990

rich 1990Loves the A-M Mods

Nobody wants you here, go away.

3 Stacks posts over there as well? Scenes. 

(Its a joke before you pop your fucking tarts) 

35 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No that will be Rachel Brown. She was pundit in the women world cup and managed to come across more arrogant than the whole American contingent. 

Do you know what, she’s brilliant in ‘real life’. She did a talk at my lad’s prize giving in school, no notes or nothing, and all the kids were hanging on her every word. Normally it’s some boring twat putting everyone to sleep but they actually listened and were interested for once.

She met the kids afterwards and had time for everyone, just a really warm and friendly person. Surprised that she came across badly on the telly as she’s definitely sound away from it.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Do you know what, she’s brilliant in ‘real life’. She did a talk at my lad’s prize giving in school, no notes or nothing, and all the kids were hanging on her every word. Normally it’s some boring twat putting everyone to sleep but they actually listened and were interested for once.

She met the kids afterwards and had time for everyone, just a really warm and friendly person. Surprised that she came across badly on the telly as she’s definitely sound away from it.

Fair enough. She isn't Alex Morgan or Leigh Nicol so she can still fuck off. 

8 hours ago, Mudface said:

I've been saying this for years, once extra time starts the away goal rule should stop. 

I’m with the guy on Arsenal fan tv I wouldn’t overly blame Aubamayang as he’s the only player who seems to put a shift in. Like when everyone blamed Stevie for ‘the slip’ I always say look how many times he won games for us, literally on his own.