You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Ramos gon' Ramos. Did his usual hitting the deck for fuck all, trying to claim a foul against him for City's first, then earned the obligatory red card for a professional foul.

Real Madrid are really quite pedestrian at times. They have players with pace, but Zidane sets them up in a way that negates that pace because the build-up play is so ponderous.

While I have no desire to see Real Madrid progress, I would hate for City's impending 2-season European ban to galvanise them towards the trophy this season.

2 minutes ago, moof said:

I won’t lie, if city win the European cup it will dilute the romance and significance of that trophy for me. 

They shouldn't be in the competition the cheating fucks. The ban should start immediately. 

"You broke the rules of FFP. Finish up this season and try and win it, and then go to time out."

Hope Real lump them at home and we get through to play real.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

The fact that they're still in it and haven't been thrown out is weird - they've been proven cheats and banned the next two seasons, so why not this season? 

Probably because UEFA can't ban them until the case has run its course due to them appealing, something UEFA would have been aware about. It would have led to City having grounds to sue if CAS threw the case out. As it stands if CAS throw the case out City don't really have any grounds to sue. 

15 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I don't mind City winning the Champions League. They're probably overdue it from the last couple of seasons to be fair, they've been a brilliant team. 

Fuck them, they're cheats. They shouldn't even be allowed to win a raffle.

22 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I should probably post this in the amnesty thread but I will take the negs on the chin. We could win the league with record points and not lose a game, but it will be overshadowed if Man City win the Champions League, just as us winning number six trumped their domestic treble. Champions League > Premier League

I was thinking this, as well: it's the last showpiece of the season, and he who laughs last etc. We just have to make sure we win it again!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m not usually bothered about Man City and am not interested in participating in any kind of rivalry with them, as I view it as a passing one, like with Chelsea in the 00s. However, I don’t want them getting their hands on the European Cup, and certainly not the year we end our thirty year wait for the title.

I get where you're coming from, but I can't see how them winning it would be anything but a unique twist in their financial doping scandal. Ben Johnson's 100m world record. The ban would be hanging over their heads.

I'd hate to see it, but ending a 30 year wait, and in record fashion trumps it.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Brilliant team by cheating and hiding all the cash they pumped in against the rules. No sorry I don't want them to win anything nor do they deserve to .

This! In no way do they deserve the CL as they are a bunch of cunts, supported by cunts, managed by a cunt and owned by corrupt .. er cunts. I want the CL again, the way we have been this season there is no club that deserves it more. City can go fuck themselves and the oil powered ship they sailed in on. 

Breathe in.

25 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Real are just not the same team they were in an attacking sense. ZZ has got them defending better on a whole and they are really poor all round by their standards. Think of all the top 5 leagues only ourselves have conceded less goals than them, but they don#t score as freely these days.  

City aren't all that themselves when playing against the so called better teams, especially when those teams have potent attacks. I reckon at least 4 teams will do City over 2 legs. Bayern, Ourselves if we get through, Barcelona and Leipzig will give them a tough time, all depends on Leipzigs own defence though. 

How much did Zizou spend last summer ? 200 - 300 M€ ?