You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Don't worry Pep will play an inverted 4 and a shuttling centre half doing a whirligig on a six pence when the moon is ascendency, or some shite, with Ederson acting as auxiliary quarterback and firing balls up the lone mythical 12 position played by David Platt, not over thinking, just countering the threat of Madrids very ordinary approach play.

City 0 - 4 Madrid

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Be a media Wankathon over the next two days now as if City beat the best team in the World against all odds. Pep all smiles with the ref at the end, the despicable bellend. 

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I've been resigned to them winning it this season since the ban was announced. They’ve still got the most ridiculously strong squad in the world and have the motivation of knowing they might not be in it for a couple of years after. If they do and the ban is upheld, cue a load of their fans and a selection of English journalists diminishing next year's competition for taking place without its defending champions.

Along with the Premiership that you've got us handing to them ?

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

I should probably post this in the amnesty thread but I will take the negs on the chin. We could win the league with record points and not lose a game, but it will be overshadowed if Man City win the Champions League, just as us winning number six trumped their domestic treble. Champions League > Premier League

They won't win it, Tony. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Tony Moanero said:

I should probably post this in the amnesty thread but I will take the negs on the chin. We could win the league with record points and not lose a game, but it will be overshadowed if Man City win the Champions League, just as us winning number six trumped their domestic treble. Champions League > Premier League

City won't win the CL mate, I'm as confident about that as I am about us winning the league. 

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I'm not arsed about them winning it. As long as we always compete and win things it makes other teams winning things more bearable. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Your mind has been POISONED by the very idea of PINEAPPLE Jaffa Cakes. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Even IF they do win it they're going to be at least 10 points behind us in the league - even that cunt Neville said the other night Liverpool winning the CL last season and only being one point behind on 97 points was massive - we were in that title race until 25 past 3 on the final day of the season and then went on to win the European Cup.  City haven't had that intensity this season

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

I don't mind City winning the Champions League. They're probably overdue it from the last couple of seasons to be fair, they've been a brilliant team. 

Us winning the league - just gets the monkey off our back finally. Nice to win the league, but it's more a relief! 

Brilliant team by cheating and hiding all the cash they pumped in against the rules. No sorry I don't want them to win anything nor do they deserve to .

11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

You’re right. We should just go ahead and win the lot 

Just now, johnsusername said:

I don't mind City winning the Champions League. They're probably overdue it from the last couple of seasons to be fair, they've been a brilliant team. 

Us winning the league - just gets the monkey off our back finally. Nice to win the league, but it's more a relief! 

I’m not usually bothered about Man City and am not interested in participating in any kind of rivalry with them, as I view it as a passing one, like with Chelsea in the 00s. However, I don’t want them getting their hands on the European Cup, and certainly not the year we end our thirty year wait for the title.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Real are just not the same team they were in an attacking sense. ZZ has got them defending better on a whole and they are really poor all round by their standards. Think of all the top 5 leagues only ourselves have conceded less goals than them, but they don#t score as freely these days.  

City aren't all that themselves when playing against the so called better teams, especially when those teams have potent attacks. I reckon at least 4 teams will do City over 2 legs. Bayern, Ourselves if we get through, Barcelona and Leipzig will give them a tough time, all depends on Leipzigs own defence though.