You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Accidental doesn't come into it. 

He takes out the player and isn't in control. Its a foul and a pen all day long. 

But he does get a touch to it. If he does then it's the right decision. If he just goes through the attacker without getting a hand on it, I agree it's a pen.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone worked out which result improves the odds of us winning the league on the pitch instead of while watching City's games on television?

At this point that's the only thing left to root for. Of course we'll all celebrate it either way, but it would be better to win it by earning points in a game IMO. The feeling at the end of that game is going to be incredible.

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

I care.  Want the title as quickly as possible and to see the cunts humiliated 

3 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

I'd like the title wrapped up early, plus I hate the cheating twats. 

Fair enough... The only "other" thing I really care about is Everton and United not making the CL, though I fear United are going to now that City are suspended. 

2 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

But he does get a touch to it. If he does then it's the right decision. If he just goes through the attacker without getting a hand on it, I agree it's a pen.

I always thought it doesn't matter if he touches the ball or not, if he takes out the attacker like he did.

Red card despite getting the ball first;

4 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Fair enough... The only "other" thing I really care about is Everton and United not making the CL, though I fear United are going to now that City are suspended. 

Everton getting it then getting banned for sponsorship on an imaginary stadium would be quite funny. 

I don't think City will be suspended next year. Reckon they get the ban held on appeal. Pep only has one year left and I reckon they'll spend like fuck, knowing they're banned anyway for one last shot with him. 

Be a bit funny if Everton finished 5th think they are in only for a UEFA to announce the ban is on holding pending appeal and they are not. 

After the past few years of acting Cities bitch and sucking up to the fan base to see complete 180 over a few days would be fumetastic

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Are City definitley suspended or is it pending a hearing ?

They'll appeal to CAS, but IMO CAS will rush a hearing through so that any decision is made before next seasons CL starts. If City then decide they don't like the outcome of that they can ask the Swiss High Court to open a case, but they rarely do that unless there is a clear case of an unfair hearing at the lower levels. 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

I thought the sentence was in limbo until the appeal is over. 

I believe they will fast track this through CAS, so it will most probably be over by June/July. Apparently this is quite common. 

Obviously if City lose the appeal and then try to go to Swiss courts I have no idea what that will mean.

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I thought the sentence was in limbo until the appeal is over. 

No, not as far as I'm aware. 

The suspension is in place, City would need to win the appeal or get a court order holding the suspension until the appeal. 

I reckon it'll be reduced to 1 year, plus a suspended year but not until 2021 season

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Told you, now it was, but so was the one against KDB...so make of that what you will, VAR is bent...not the technology, the bent cunts using it.