You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

What a goal from Neves.

He does that now and again but in general he's had a shit season, also loses the ball in important area way too often. Annoying player, as he clearly has the skills. 

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Lads, Getafe are playing Ajax. It's a decent game between two sides better than Club Brugge and United. Fuck watching United.

Babel just got booked. It was a bit soft. The Getafe player was rolling around on the deck and Babel jumps on the floor and starts rolling around taking the piss out of him, then was basically pretending to carry him off the pitch. Funny as fuck.

Shithousery doesn't generally bother me, but had to draw the line with Getafe. They are a nightmare. Can't imagine there being a more cunt team than them. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Shithousery doesn't generally bother me, but had to draw the line with Getafe. They are a nightmare. Can't imagine there being a more cunt team than them. 

They're what Atlético used to be, but with worse players.

To be fair, they were just better than Ajax this evening.

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Ajax facing Europa League exit, with a 2-0 loss to Getafe, which is quite a marked contrast to last year's heroics. They were never going to be the same force with their best players being picked off, but it's going to be interesting to see how long it takes them to rebuild again to the point where they're in the knockouts of the Champions league. 

Red Bull Salzburg been ransacked even more quickly. Lost their first leg 4-1.

30 minutes ago, Gooch said:

The ball was in play for 42 of the 90 minutes in that Getafe game apparently. Having never seen Getafe play, I'm oddly intrigued by them as it sounds like they are the ultimate anti footballing side, and completely brutal to watch.

I honestly think that the best way to combat this type of shit is maybe to start the game as 40 minutes per half and stop the clock each time play is stopped. It would stop the time wasting shithousery overnight.

55 minutes ago, Gooch said:

The ball was in play for 42 of the 90 minutes in that Getafe game apparently. Having never seen Getafe play, I'm oddly intrigued by them as it sounds like they are the ultimate anti footballing side, and completely brutal to watch.

And still people bitch that VAR takes too long. At least the concept is trying to improve the game. Just a shame the implementation thus far has been a fucking shambles. 

9 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I honestly think that the best way to combat this type of shit is maybe to start the game as 40 minutes per half and stop the clock each time play is stopped. It would stop the time wasting shithousery overnight.

Not sure about that. Shithouse teams would use stoppages to check any momentum their opponents try to build up. It's just another way to break up play.

2 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Sadly the best way of combating shithouse anti football sides is by having really good refs.

Basically this. Games dont need lengthening or shortening, it just needs the officials to get a grip with game management.

Last I heard, refs were not supposed to stop games for injuries unless it's a clear head injury. Yet in our last two games, Norwich and Atletico, both refs stopped the game while we were in possession when an oppo went down injured. Both were injuries to the leg and foot.

Since when has a player's head been on their lower fucking body? In the norwich game, the player actually pulled up off the pitch then walked back on to waste more time because the sub wasnt ready to come on.

Neither are subbed players leaving by the nearest touchline and instead, they are all walking over the pitch as before. Goalkeepers seem to be allowed to waste as much time as they want in the first half especially at Anfield with impunity.

How often do you see a player go to take a throw in then drop the ball and wait for a team mate to come over and take it? Either make the nearest player have to take the throw in or, once a player touches the ball after it goes out they have to take the throw.

In a 45 minute half, roughly 20+ minutes the ball isnt in play. You'll never get that down to zero because teams have to be allowed to organise for corners, free kicks etc but a lot of th eblatant time wasting could be cut out quite easily, I think.

• Upvote 1