You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

What’s the point of the French league with Petroid Paris in it? 

It’s just shooting practice as they’re so far ahead of anything else.

Genuinely pointless when the disparities are so huge. You may as well give the runner up the best team not sponsored by a repressive dictatorship trophy and declare them the actual winners, fuck it, give second place a parade.

Pointless. 

Frenkie de Jong is ridiculous. Him and Messi playing together is like a cheat code. For all of Barca's stupid decisions over the years, they continue to benefit from their reputation and "draw" for the best players like him who can choose their destination freely.

I know we were never really in for him once his price went up too high but it's a shame. We would be insanely good with him in our midfield.

Barca overall look vulnerable, though. They won 3-2 in the end (and should have had another for a pen that wasn't called right at the death) but they can definitely be got at. Beginning to think that City might be the biggest obstacle between us and another CL trophy this season. I mean, of course there's always an unlucky bounce or a one-off goal against the run of play or whatever, but we should be comfortably the better team in just about any potential matchup you can imagine (Bayern, Juve, Barca, Real, etc).

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Genuinely pointless when the disparities are so huge. You may as well give the runner up the best team not sponsored by a repressive dictatorship trophy and declare them the actual winners, fuck it, give second place a parade.

Pointless. 

Maybe not the season to make this argument, mate?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Maybe not the season to make this argument, mate?

If you mean us walking the league this year then it’s a false dichotomy as various teams have won the league in recent years, including one propped up by a repressive regime fuelled by petrol, but no one team has really dominated. Though the argument should be made that the Manchester clubs should have given their financial outlays. 

PSG have waltzed theirs in pretty much every year apart from a one off.

Again, I repeat, pointless.

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Just noticed that the mighty Gunners have won SIX league games all season. 6 out of 25. That's the same number as West Ham and less than Aston Villa. They should be in the relegation scrap with that shocking win rate.

They're not that far off really, only 6-7 points.

Maybe for the Have a Rant department but I’m getting pissed off down here with Saints fans saying how much they hate LFC for pinching their players , Liverhampton etc , as if some of these players would still be at Southampton wherever they went. 

They seem to forget they got plenty of cash in selling them and didn’t spend it wisely albeit they’ve improved a bit , what the fuck are they thinking that Van Dyke and Mane would still there , never mind they’ve bought about 3 players from Celtic , what started as a bit of a laugh has started to do my head in.

8 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Maybe for the Have a Rant department but I’m getting pissed off down here with Saints fans saying how much they hate LFC for pinching their players , Liverhampton etc , as if some of these players would still be at Southampton wherever they went. 

They seem to forget they got plenty of cash in selling them and didn’t spend it wisely albeit they’ve improved a bit , what the fuck are they thinking that Van Dyke and Mane would still there , never mind they’ve bought about 3 players from Celtic , what started as a bit of a laugh has started to do my head in.

Fuck’em!

23 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Pointless. 

It’s not an enjoyable league but it’s not less competitive than the German league or the Italian league. 

10 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Just start singing Play Up Pompey at the horrible scummers 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Just start singing Play Up Pompey at the horrible scummers 

Nah  some are ok for the most part, I don’t get into that bollocks , I’ve worked in both towns and the pair of them are pretty much shite though met some alright lads in both.

They seem revel in the fact that Pompey have lost even when they have , which I find odd.

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Nah  some are ok for the most part, I don’t get into that bollocks , I’ve worked in both towns and the pair of them are pretty much shite though met some alright lads in both.

They seem revel in the fact that Pompey have lost even when they have , which I find odd.

Look no further than across the park

• Upvote 1