You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

16 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

You two will still be looking for ways to gift it to City long after the rest of us have recovered from the crushing celebratory hangovers.

At least one of you will be ready to give it to them as soon as we even draw a game.

What a life, weighed down by your own endless negativity.

You call it negativity, I call it not counting chickens before they hatch! Nothing is won until one team can't be caught mathematically!

17 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've been here before, we start getting cocky, draw a game or two, and the next thing you know we're adding another year to the wait for a title!

But if singing 'we're gonna win the league' makes you happy, fill your boots!

We've been here before? When did we have 16 games to play, 2 games in hand, a 13 point lead, a great manager and backroom staff, a great team that can manage games and has only dropped 2 points in 22 league games and blown the league?  When have we 'been there before'? Not to mention a city side who havent strung more than 3 consecutive wins together in the league this season.

I fully expect us to draw a couple of games but I wont be the one losing my head about it when we do.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

You call it negativity, I call it not counting chickens before they hatch! Nothing is won until one team can't be caught mathematically!

It's negativity.  Plain and simple.  And you're in the extreme minority now.

Will you even celebrate when we win it or will you self flagellate for a month ?

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We've been here before? When did we have 16 games to play, 2 games in hand, a 13 point lead, a great manager and backroom staff, a great team that can manage games and has only dropped 2 points in 22 league games and blown the league?  When have we 'been there before'? Not to mention a city side who havent strung more than 3 consecutive wins together in the league this season.

Title challenges! The points difference is new, the situation isn't. A title challenge is a title challenge. We did screw it up last season, although we ended with the wonderful silver lining in Madrid, and I'm not going to assume that we've won anything this season until it's over!

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Title challenges! The points difference is new, the situation isn't. A title challenge is a title challenge. We did screw it up last season, although we ended with the wonderful silver lining in Madrid, and I'm not going to assume that we've won anything this season until it's over!

We didn't screw anything up last season, we lost out by a point to a magnificent record breaking worthy team of champions.

More negativity.

10 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

It's negativity.  Plain and simple.  And you're in the extreme minority now.

Will you even celebrate when we win it or will you self flagellate for a month ?

What does it matter what I do IF we win it? This assumption that it's all over with 16 games left is ridiculous! We're 13 points ahead, games in hand or not, not 43 points ahead!

What does it matter what I do IF we win it? This assumption that it's all over with 16 games left is ridiculous! We're 13 points ahead, games in hand or not, not 43 points ahead!

You just do you.  Fuck what anyone else thinks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, scudger99 said:

We didn't screw anything up last season, we lost out by a point to a magnificent record breaking worthy team of champions.

More negativity.

We were 7-10 points clear, we drew 4 winnable games after losing to City, and if we'd won any one of those 4 it would have been enough to take us to the title! City were magnificent, their run in was amazing, but we did fuck it up!

• Downvote 1

I don't see many declaring it to be over, the majority seem to have accepted that it's beyond reality that we could fuck this up now, and even if we did then City are in no fit state to capitalise.

Arse were as impressive as the chavs were woeful. Fat Frank has got work to do and they are far from nailed on to get into the top 4.

Shame about City's late winner but it is of no consequence. We are in complete control of our own destiny and it feels fucking great.

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

We were 7-10 points clear, we drew 4 winnable games after losing to City, and if we'd won any one of those 4 it would have been enough to take us to the title! City were magnificent, their run in was amazing, but we did fuck it up!

We lost one game all season and we fucked up ?

Give your head an almighty fucking wobble lad.

Meanwhile, back here on Planet Earth......

I don't see many declaring it to be over, the majority seem to have accepted that it's beyond reality that we could fuck this up now, and even if we did then City are in no fit state to capitalise.

They don't look it I agree but they had a difficult game tonight (as did we when we played there) and they came through (again as did we)! That could be a confidence boost to them, especially if we falter at Molineux!

We lost one game all season and we fucked up ?

Give your head an almighty fucking wobble lad.

Meanwhile, back here on Planet Earth......

We lost one game all season and we didn't win the title, we were ahead by 7 points after losing to City and we didn't win the title! Slice it whatever way you like, it's a fuck up in my eyes! If City or United did the same we'd be saying they fucked it up!

They don't look it I agree but they had a difficult game tonight (as did we when we played there) and they came through (again as did we)! That could be a confidence boost to them, especially if we falter at Molineux!

What the fuck good does a confidence boost do them ?

Does it get them an extra point and a half per win ?  Because that's what they're going to need.

And that's only if we majorly crash, which seems to be almost a nailed on certainty in your mind.

What the fuck good does a confidence boost do them ?

Does it get them an extra point and a half per win ?  Because that's what they're going to need.

And that's only if we majorly crash, which seems to be almost a nailed on certainty in your mind.

And you're 100% certain we won't crash? Good for you, what we're you thinking after City away last season?

We lost one game all season and we didn't win the title, we were ahead by 7 points after losing to City and we didn't win the title! Slice it whatever way you like, it's a fuck up in my eyes! If City or United did the same we'd be saying they fucked it up!

I'd be saying what I am now, the better side won it

The glass is half full for me, it's half empty for you and the half that is there is Pep's stale, bitter yellow piss.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Pissing myself at Everton, that's a cock up of massive proportions and I bet the cunts were readying themselves to post all kinds of shit about qualifying for Europe. 

Chelsea were wank considering they were against 10 men Arsenal and a goal to the good from the resulting penalty. Arsenal dug in and scored two goals from their only 2 efforts on target. They face City soon so hopefully Arteta improves them more by the time they meet. 

City themselves huffed and puffed against a stubborn Sheffield United who were resilient at the back but should have ventured forward more often, as when they did City didn't look that good, even with the return of Laporte. They got 3 points though and you could see the relief on their faces and in their actions. I don't think they are handling the pressure of trying to close a huge gap, especially because we keep winning, I'm certain that they'll drop more points. 

And you're 100% certain we won't crash? Good for you, what we're you thinking after City away last season?

I was thinking it was going to be close.  I was right.

This year won't be anywhere near as close as we just don't have the same level of competition.

And if you seriously believe we could burn this Premiership run then you've no faith in Klopp or the players.

Whatever floats your boat though.

4 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

I was on the side of not wanting to get excited too early, too many close calls and heartbreaks in the past, last year was close, but I didn't really enjoy the season, spent most of it shitting myself and anxious. 

But now it's time, this is our year, and I'm going to enjoy the journey almost as much as the destination. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

And I thought I was a pessimistic bastard..

Personally I felt the title tilted in City's favour after they beat us last season, and I wasn't shocked that we ended up not winning after being 7 points clear.

It's totally different this time around though. The gap is huge and our form is relentless, and all our injured players are returning. It's really very unlikely that even we can fuck things up from here....

There could well come a point where, even if it’s not mathematically certain, that I feel sure it’s over, but that isn’t yet. Let’s say Wolves were to end the unbeaten record, and Gollum gleefully takes a point from our second game in hand. Suddenly the supposedly favourable run of fixtures looks a bit tougher - Southampton are really good, Norwich fighting for their lives and a trip to the home of a Watford team that could easily have gotten something at Anfield if they weren’t so wasteful. 

I know there are a lot of “what ifs...” involved. I also know that, having played 22 games, we'd have to drop more points from this stage than in any of Klopp's full seasons to fail to win the league (17 in 16/17 and 17/18 and 8 last time around - only 15/16's loss of 19 would see City win the league on goal difference assuming that, as I’m inclined to, they don't drop another point) but I’m going to continue to predict the worst for a while longer yet.

I’m enjoying every game we play at the moment though; don’t think that the portents of doom are stopping me from being thrilled with the wins.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Screw it up last season? Tough crowd.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1