You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

2 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Yea what's more likely, there are two amazing players, or everyone except those two are shite and theyre just good.

It’s the lack of self-awareness, particularly from Man Utd fans that gets me. The early years of the Premier League were, objectively, mediocre at best in terms of quality with the league never entering the conversation as one of Europe's best. In Ferguson's final season Robin Van Persie top-scored with 26 goals and turned 30 the following August. Imagine using the continued success of 32 year old Lionel Messi as reason to dismiss the current era when you didn’t wonder why a considerably lesser near-30 year old was lethal in your last season on top. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

4th place is 39 points. 39! What the fuck is going on. We'd shit that and not notice. 

"Fuck everyone who isn't us" might have to give way to "pity everyone who isn't us". 

Going back through the years, sitting in 4th on 39-42 points isn’t unusual at all after 22/23 games. It’s just exceptionally rare that the very best team or teams are as good as they have been over the last three years. City stood alone in 17/18, we almost matched them the following year and now, so far this season, we're way out in front. Certainly it’s a level that Manchester United have never quite reached as a football club, so I can see why it seems so lopsided given how long they spent on top picking up title after title with 80-something points.

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

Going back through the years, sitting in 4th on 39-45 isn’t actually that unusual after 22/23 games. 

Yeah that likely to get you 2-75pts and probably a top 4 spot. The poi ts total ourselves and City have started putting together is outstanding. I don't think people realise just how good it is. City current point total would have had you in title contention through most of the premier league era. 

If we don't go unbeaten the Arsenal fans will still try claiming their invincibles are the greatest but its not close. Our side of last year and Cities are far better. They drew sonething like 13 games that year. 

• Upvote 1

This is the main text on the Shed End Chelsea forum. Once a bunch of cunts, always a bunch of cunts. 

OK we are a crooked, we buy kids in a way that puts Gary Glitter to shame and we are as big on equality as Hitler at a bacon buttie party. That aside we are charming...and at least not scouse. All Chelsea chat is in here that isn't covered in the forums below. Chelsea player topics, any news at Chelsea FC, this is your go-to!

Guest Pistonbroke
29 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Hope Gattuso didn't buy a house in Campania.

Said he'd be shit. Only won one game since he took over from Ancelotti. The so called General has turned out to be a timid little L/cpl since he went into management. I also see Atletico lost against regelation threatened Eibar, hopefully a sign of bad form from them before our meeting. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, dave u said:

Absolutely nailed it.

Kind of looked obvious the amount of possession they were wasting mate. Despite their superiority they didn't create that many clear cut chances and only had about 4 shots on target. Like I said earlier, they rely on young Abraham far too much and that Batshuayi isn't exactly a clinical forward when he comes off the bench. Pedro can't hardly get a game under Lampard, either on the bench or left out of the squad fully. Same with Giroud, although he was also injured for a long period of late. Lampards insistence on believing in those youngsters is going to cost him, unless he dips into the market for a proven goalscorer. Abraham is decent but far from consistent, they need someone to work alongside him or even give the lad more time to bed in properly. Having said all that, I'm not really arsed about Chelsea as I pretty much despise their fans and their club. 

4 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Posted after the Villa game that it showed us nothing we didn’t already know about City, and so today goes: in some respects, they seem to have morphed into a 90s spice boys team this year. Well capable of knocking 6 past dross on their day, but fundamentally flawed against teams that battle and can hit them on the break. Still weary of them in Europe: hope Madrid put them out

They're irredeemably poor at the back. Crumbled to pieces the minute Laporte got injured. He was holding them by a thread and with Fernandinho dropping to CB, they have no more mobile, snide, tactical fouling DM to break up counters. Rodri is too slow and hasn't adjusted to the league yet. 

The irony is that they should have spent another 50m+ on a CB but the decision not to has fucked them.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Kind of looked obvious the amount of possession they were wasting mate. Despite their superiority they didn't create that many clear cut chances and only had about 4 shots on target. Like I said earlier, they rely on young Abraham far too much and that Batshuayi isn't exactly a clinical forward when he comes off the bench. Pedro can't hardly get a game under Lampard, either on the bench or left out of the squad fully. Same with Giroud, although he was also injured for a long period of late. Lampards insistence on believing in those youngsters is going to cost him, unless he dips into the market for a proven goalscorer. Abraham is decent but far from consistent, they need someone to work alongside him or even give the lad more time to bed in properly. Having said all that, I'm not really arsed about Chelsea as I pretty much despise their fans and their club. 

The Chelsea thing will be funny to watch. The media have been sucking them off all season for playing the kids except now they can't score goals, the fans are getting restless and they will proceed to pay a huge fee for a striker putting poor young Tammy Abraham back on the bench.

So much for the youth. It's all so noble until things fall apart and they gotta revert to what they were before. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Chelsea thing will be funny to watch. The media have been sucking them off all season for playing the kids except now they can't score goals, the fans are getting restless and they will proceed to pay a huge fee for a striker putting poor young Tammy Abraham back on the bench.

So much for the youth. It's all so noble until things fall apart and they gotta revert to what they were before. 

I keep saying it, lampard is like solskjaer. He's tactically inept. His players will get him results against the lesser lights but when tactical nounce is needed, he cannot provide it. I thought kepa should have done better on that header where the Newcastle player hardly touched it. It had no pace. That said, Im happy to see chelsea fail.

Guest Pistonbroke
17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

True. The young ones were always going to hit a bad patch, and when you try to fit so many into important parts of the pitch you'll come unstuck eventually. Abraham, Mount and Hudson-Odoi are struggling a lot, especially during and after the busy period. Loftus-Cheek injured and Pulisic seemingly out of favour again. I get the feeling that the Russian Oligarch is not quite as interested as he was due to how things panned out for him, it'll be interesting to see how much he actually backs Lampard with. 

Guest Pistonbroke
9 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Pulisic is injured. Lampard doesn't really seem to know what his best side is 

Ah, wondered why he had suddenly disappeared. Without him that Midfield of theirs is shy of goals. 

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I keep saying it, lampard is like solskjaer. He's tactically inept. His players will get him results against the lesser lights but when tactical nounce is needed, he cannot provide it. I thought kepa should have done better on that header where the Newcastle player hardly touched it. It had no pace. That said, Im happy to see chelsea fail.

Is that nonce nous? That would be quite handy when playing the kids I'd have thought.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Pulisic is injured. Lampard doesn't really seem to know what his best side is 

He's not the best player in the world but I can't understand how Pedro has not had a look in but he continues to give Barkley and Hudson-Odoi a chance, the latter may turn out to be half decent but I have yet to see it.

12 hours ago, johnsusername said:

This is the main text on the Shed End Chelsea forum. Once a bunch of cunts, always a bunch of cunts. 

OK we are a crooked, we buy kids in a way that puts Gary Glitter to shame and we are as big on equality as Hitler at a bacon buttie party. That aside we are charming...and at least not scouse. All Chelsea chat is in here that isn't covered in the forums below. Chelsea player topics, any news at Chelsea FC, this is your go-to!

There are probably hundreds of adjectives that can be used to describe Chelsea fans, 'charming' is absolutely not one of them.

I don't get chance to watch the Sunday Supplement a lot but when I have I've found reasonably balanced but there's some fat cunt on there now called Neil Custis, who sounds every bit like a bitter Evertonian or Manc. Think he works for The S*n as well. Utter cunt.