You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I'll be surprised if City drop many more points from hereon. They're going to win at least 10 on the bounce before dropping a point. We can't let up either, demented Pep will have these fuckers believing they can still win the title.

Nah, as soon as Champions League starts again, if the gap is still as it is now or thereabouts, Pep will be placing a lot more eggs in that basket.

31 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Agreed. Man Utd will be desperate to get something next weekend and if they should throw a spanner in the works, we’ll be facing a trip to Wolves four days later with an 11 point lead (yeah, yeah, game in hand blah blah...). Fail to win and the defending double champions are chasing a lead of 8 or 9, which has certainly been lost before from this stage in a league season. Suddenly that midweek trip to West Ham looks considerably more difficult than it does today.

Man am I happy I’m not in your shoes. It would be terrible not being able to enjoy our best season ever.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who seriously thought villa were going to take points off city even before kick off was probably on the same bus as those who say it's a very close title race. It isnt and I dread to think what some people would be like if we had only a 7 point lead over them. The self flagilation would be immense.

They've got palace at home next saturday with  sheff united away 3 days later. Im guessing they'll get 6 points. 5 days later they have Fulham at home in the cup. They'll win that with their kids if they decide to play them. 3 days later they have united at home in the EFL semi 2nd leg.

I still say we send our kids out against Bristol or Shrewsbury.

Flat track bullies bully some shite on a flat track. Nothing to see here, 'twas ever thus. Pep's greatest strength is his ability to beat up on the little guys who are beaten before the ball is kicked and then pat them on the head afterwards saying "wow, I can't believe it, they gave us such a great game, every game I have as manager here is so so difficult, what a job he's doing here."

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Anyone who serious thought villa were going to take points off city even before kick off was probably on the same bus as those who say it's a very close title race. It isnt and I dread to think what some people would be like if we had only a 7 point lead over them. The self flagilation would be immense.

They've got palace at home next saturday with  sheff united away 3 days later. Im guessing they'll get 6 points. 5 days later they have Fulham at home in the cup. They'll win that with their kids if they decide to play them. 3 days later they have united at home in the EFL semi 2nd leg.

Call me a superstitious guy but me personally, I'm not saying is a close title race nor am I saying it's a done deal. Right now, as of this minute we have not won it, which means it is technically possible for Man City to catch us. 

We need to be composed and keep doing what we have been doing to keep City at bay.

Is it possible to win it before we play them?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

With trips to Wolves on the Thursday and West Ham the following Wednesday, there’s no question that it has to be the kids in the FA Cup. I suspect we’ll see fewer senior players risked next time around, and with good reason too. 

24 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

Call me a superstitious guy but me personally, I'm not saying is a close title race nor am I saying it's a done deal. Right now, as of this minute we have not won it, which means it is technically possible for Man City to catch us. 

We need to be composed and keep doing what we have been doing to keep City at bay.

Yes its possible to win it before we play them, we will most likely win it before we play them as well.

38 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

It is possible we could win it before we play them but, I think it needs them to drop almost as many points as they need us to drop before they're back 'in the race.'

The way I look at things is we arent winning the title by 14 points or more if we win our game in hand, if \ when we do win it. Im confident we will but I expect our margin to be down to between 5 and 7 points.

Our fans need to be thinking we will drop points because even winning the title by 10 points is a massive margin. People get jittery because they almost expect us to maintain this lead until it is mathematically impossible for city to catch us. The thought of dropping points scares them but they should embrace the possibility then, it isnt so frightening when \ if it happens.

If people in the stadium start getting nervy if we drop points, better hope it doesnt get to the players otherwise we could have a runaway reaction on our hand. Fuck me, you could feel the nerves around Anfield when Alisson got sent off with 15 to go. What's the next game at Anfield going to be like if we lose away or at home in a game?

They have 16 league games to go to the end of the season without dropping points. Could they do that? Possibly but they'd have to break their own record (I think) to do so. Im not expecting them to drop more than 2 or 3 points. Neither do I expect us to win it by 14 points.

City get a free hit from teams down the bottom of the league because the other teams would rather save their effort for when they play '6 pointers' against the other relegation fighters. It comes with the territory for city being champions 4 times in the last 6 or so seasons.

Those same relegation fighters dont yet feel the same about us although I dare say we're getting there. So, it seems they put up more of a fight against us which in turn makes our games appear harder.

We've got players coming back and, providing we dont start playing the elite squad in FA Cup games, I think we'll be ok. If it comes down to the PL or the CL, then, the PL has to take precedent. In my opinion.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Code said:

Yes its possible to win it before we play them, we will most likely win it before we play them as well.

Before we play them there will be 7 games left. So we would need to be 22 points clear to have won it. Unlikely as they have Ayers back and probably wont drop too many points.

I wouldn't put it last this team but not worried about winning it with games to spare. Get the fucker won any way it will come.

Just had a look on Bluemong.

Funny how last season people on there were mocking LFC fans who were saying LFC were best team - using the argument that table does not lie, saying "ah look at them with their moral victory with 97 pts etc"

Now it is awash with how City are the best team in the land, just more prone to odd slip than LFC and even though LFC will probably win league City are best team in land.

Fucking weirdos.