You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

But then, perhaps this was the problem with West Ham all along. Perhaps the trouble with all storied mid-sized clubs – Everton, Newcastle, Hamburg – is that unbridgeable gulf between expectation and reality, where the interests of the fanbase – take some risks, play with romance, make us dream again – are at direct odds with the business plan, which demands mid‑table Premier League football in perpetuity. 

Haha, I bet that bit stung any Evertonian's reading that article.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Mrs O'T is fucking livid. So are most of the Hammers fans she knows.

It's like some bloke who has been unemployed for ten years waltzing into your company and acting billy big bollocks. 

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

Ozil is what he is. A very talented but lazy player with a questionable attitude. However, he's the kind of fella that would be boss under Jurgen.

My gut feeling is that he is taking a lot of the hits from their fans and a lot of their other players are a little shielded from their own shortcomings and are happy to have the likes of him as a fall guy.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Ozil is what he is. A very talented but lazy player with a questionable attitude. However, he's the kind of fella that would be boss under Jurgen.

My gut feeling is that he is taking a lot of the hits from their fans and a lot of their other players are a little shielded from their own shortcomings and are happy to have the likes of him as a fall guy.

Ozil is just one of those players who needs to be loved, a very emotional person. The minute the fans become disgruntled I think it hits him more than others and he just can't be arsed after that. 

Guest Pistonbroke
31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Klopp would never even consider him

#notamentalitymonster

Indeed. I think Ozil needs to go back to Turkey or maybes look for a big money deal with Beckham's new team. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Ozil is just one of those players who needs to be loved, a very emotional person. The minute the fans become disgruntled I think it hits him more than others and he just can't be arsed after that. 

Yeah that's my gut feeling as well. He's the ultimate Millenial footballer. All the other players can hide behind him.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah that's my gut feeling as well. He's the ultimate Millenial footballer. All the other players can hide behind him.

He's made Arsenal a worse team over the years as Pogba has with Utd. Massive distractions and no end product.

Suarez was a distraction for Liverpool but he did score the odd goal which more than compensated for the high maintenance . 

Guest Pistonbroke

Did you lot see it? Got some conference bollocks on German Sky so flipping between both games. The Villa goal by Grealish the player who was judged offside was the closest I've seen yet they fucked about with their calibration tools for ages until the y could say he was a few mm's offside, it was really pathetic.