You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Brian Kerr is great on Newstalk in Ireland. His description of drunken Duncan at the end of the game yesterday was great. Summed him up perfect, described him as a hard man that won fuck all, never scored 20 league  goals and he's out on the pitch like a thick celebrating a draw in the freezing cold.

Guest Pistonbroke
17 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Haha. I don't mind Harry Redknapp or Chris Sutton on bt. Savage is an eedjit but doesn't have an agenda. I love those European journalists.

On bbc, Linekar is s snidey knobhead as is She ra. Wrighty is alright.

I like Keane and Souey on Sky. Love Thommo obviously.

Yeah, I don't mind Savage either. He gets excited about trivial stuff and has a voice that grates but like you say, he doesn't have an agenda. He's actually quite fond of our club in the way he speaks about us. He was a Liverpool fan as a kid until he signed for United and became a part of their class of 92 and failing miserably to make a mark. 

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Are Arsenal mad? They want a totally unproven novice in Arteta to get them out of this mess? I get he'll be a yes-man and won't moan about the lack of money but surely Arsenal have the clout to get someone better? Bizarre.

There is a theory among certain sets of fans that Arteta is the brains behind Pep’s Man City throne. As far as I can see, on the very few occasions he’s been left in charge it’s not gone particularly well.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

There is a theory among certain sets of fans that Arteta is the brains behind Pep’s Man City throne. As far as I can see, on the very few occasions he’s been left in charge it’s not gone particularly well.

It's a move that can only be good for Arteta himself. If he's shit they'll just say it was too early as he picks up another job as assistant coach, if he's decent Arsenal will just be giving him his grounding before he moves to a big club back home in Spain. 

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That's a pretty silly theory and Arsenal are taking a big risk if they appoint Arteta. 

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd go for Rafa, although I doubt their board would want someone who's known for being anything other than a yes-man.

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's a move that can only be good for Arteta himself. If he's shit they'll just say it was too early as he picks up another job as assistant coach, if he's decent Arsenal will just be giving him his grounding before he moves to a big club back home in Spain. 

And disrupts City with any luck

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

ADO Den Haag are in talks with Alan Pardew over making him head coach. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

This will be very funny. They are fucking shite, looking at relegation and most of their fans are bad hooligans. 

Are you saying there's a chance he gets his head kicked in by his own fans. Or the ultras when I comes out he's been trying to bed a players wife

53 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Are Arsenal mad? They want a totally unproven novice in Arteta to get them out of this mess? I get he'll be a yes-man and won't moan about the lack of money but surely Arsenal have the clout to get someone better? Bizarre.

The managers in the Ancelotti and Benitez mould are short term hires and on the decline. The point with Arteta is that if it works out, he could build something there. The ideal would've been to get someone proven and with gas left in the tank like Pochettino but that's obviously unrealistic at this point.

5 hours ago, No2 said:

Brian Kerr is great on Newstalk in Ireland. His description of drunken Duncan at the end of the game yesterday was great. Summed him up perfect, described him as a hard man that won fuck all, never scored 20 league  goals and he's out on the pitch like a thick celebrating a draw in the freezing cold.

I actually met him once at a Liverpool Everton youth game. He was a great laugh to watch a game beside. Didn't know who he was but he said he was Ireland youth team manager and they had a few decent teams. Turned out he was a multiple underage European Champion across age groups with Ireland so he was obviously a very good coach. Real down to earth fella.

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, I don't mind Savage either. He gets excited about trivial stuff and has a voice that grates but like you say, he doesn't have an agenda. He's actually quite fond of our club in the way he speaks about us. He was a Liverpool fan as a kid until he signed for United and became a part of their class of 92 and failing miserably to make a mark. 

Used to think he was a real snidey player but he seems a very different character off the pitch and seems decent enough.

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Used to think he was a real snidey player but he seems a very different character off the pitch and seems decent enough.

Yeah, I don't mind him. he also tries too hard to be one of the boys along with that other idiot who was in the Jungle shit thing, but he's harmless and way better than the majority of pundits for the simple fact he can be entertaining without sticking the boot in on certain clubs.