You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Tactical in the sense he was in danger of getting sent off for being a cunt ?

They said something about him looking for a tactical attacking change. It was never going to be Vardy or Maddison so I think it was him brought off for another wide man in Gray

Rodgers played a diamond in midfield in the 2 games since Iheanacho scored the winner against Everton to play him up top with Vardy. He then had 4 wingers on the bench. Barnes, Gray, Perez and Albrighton are left out to facilitate this change of shape. 

They were flying. It didnt need to change. Does he change things like that to appear clever? For the Norwich goal Praet, the right sided  midfielder was high and wide so Ndidi got dragged over. This left the centre wide open, Maddison and Tielemans weren't close enough or tuned in enough to effect him so the midfielder had all the time in the world to play Pukki in.

25 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Rodgers played a diamond in midfield in the 2 games since Iheanacho scored the winner against Everton to play him up top with Vardy. He then had 4 wingers on the bench. Barnes, Gray, Perez and Albrighton are left out to facilitate this change of shape. 

They were flying. It didnt need to change. Does he change things like that to appear clever? For the Norwich goal Praet, the right sided  midfielder was high and wide so Ndidi got dragged over. This left the centre wide open, Maddison and Tielemans weren't close enough or tuned in enough to effect him so the midfielder had all the time in the world to play Pukki in.

You do remember our semi final against villa when he literally played every known formation known to man just in the first half alone. He's the real tinker man.

Just now, niallers said:

You do remember our semi final against villa when he literally played every known formation known to man just in the first half alone. He's the real tinker man.

I do indeed. That was a black day. Sterling started up front, went right wing-back, then right wing and finished off left back. No wonder he fucked off

I've not a big fan of Mesut Ozil , but admire him for his shining a light on the awful Chinese treatment of Uighur people. Good to see that Arsenal have their priorities right and are more worried about takings in their restaurant than people being murdered and violated.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/13/arsenal-distance-themselves-from-mesut-ozil-comments-china-uighur-people

Yeah he's spot on with that

Has to laugh at Rodgers today. 

We need to reset and get back to 100%

Well why did you change a winning formation. They have been brilliant since he got there pretty much playing a 4-2-3-1 with 2 wingers and Vardy on his own up top with Maddison in behind. Rodgers makes one sub in one game they go on to win snd throws it away to play Iheanacho up top in a two and drops a wide player. 

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

I've not a big fan of Mesut Ozil , but admire him for his shining a light on the awful Chinese treatment of Uighur people. Good to see that Arsenal have their priorities right and are more worried about takings in their restaurant than people being murdered and violated.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/13/arsenal-distance-themselves-from-mesut-ozil-comments-china-uighur-people

Do you think we or any other large club would risk alienating the Chinese market over this?

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

Fair play to Hector Bellerin there.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I see rumours already abound about Pep fucking off at the end of the season and Rodgers being seen as a replacement. Also had to laugh at peps comment on Liverpool being where they are because he set the bar that high, Klopp has really got into his head and he hasn't even tried to. 

5 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Do you think we or any other large club would risk alienating the Chinese market over this?

I am almost certain we wouldn't, but I actually think it's short-term thinking by those kowtowing to the Chinese regime.

Eventually, the CCP is going to collapse. I don't know if it'll be in the next 5 years or in 50, but it will definitely happen. Who would you rather be when that happens? Someone like Arsenal or the Houston Rockets who, when pressured by the regime about an employee "meddling in their affairs" (a.k.a. calling out obvious human rights violations) caved in? Or would you rather be the club that said "we love China and the Chinese people, but their government is another story and we won't be bullied into pressuring our employees to give up their free speech, because we hold that as an essential human right"?

Sure, it might cost you a few contracts in the short term, you're not going to be welcome in China for a pre-season tour or whatever, but think of all the people the CCP are oppressing. You'd immediately gain a huge bump in favourability in pretty much all the Muslim countries (seeing as it's their religious brothers being loaded into concentration camps), in the Philippines, in Hong Kong, etc. All that not even to mention the fact that you'd be associating your club with the right side of history, to stand up and say that at Liverpool FC human rights count for more than some money we could have made.

I actually think you'd gain more fans than you'd lose, at least if you take the long-term perspective.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I see rumours already abound about Pep fucking off at the end of the season and Rodgers being seen as a replacement. Also had to laugh at peps comment on Liverpool being where they are because he set the bar that high, Klopp has really got into his head and he hasn't even tried to. 

Interestingly one of the journalists on Sky’s Sunday programme said City knew this story was coming out (about Pep leaving not Rodgers) and they did nothing to try and stop it.

Guest Pistonbroke
23 minutes ago, suzy said:

Interestingly one of the journalists on Sky’s Sunday programme said City knew this story was coming out (about Pep leaving not Rodgers) and they did nothing to try and stop it.

Maybe's they've worked out what we all think S. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Mancs V Everton, one of them will lose their mega winning streaks in the league of 2 matches and 1 match respectively. Pity they both can't lose. The Norwegian Wood banging on about playing youngsters again, wearing thin that line. I see Pogba is missing from the line up again, Manc mate of mine claims that he's been fit enough to play for weeks.