You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

On 04/12/2019 at 22:18, moof said:

Impressed with Amazon. It’s clearly the better platform, showed up how backwards sky and bt are. Can stream every game, stadium noise instead of tired commentary, no ad breaks, stats and everything on hand if you’re interested in all that stuff. 

I flew in late and missed the start, was well impressed with the play from the beginning without knowing what the score was

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Arsenal fans in general mate. My uncle is one and he's a massive whopper. 

The Simon Jordan comment was spot on and the guy who runs AFTV seems to be sound and well balanced both when I have seen him on AFTV as well as when he's been on Redmen TV. 

I've lived down south previously so as well as my uncle have come across Arsenal fans quite regularly and just fond them weird.

Fair enough mate. Living overseas for the last 30 years and having spent 9 years before that serving overseas I'm kind of insulated from it all. The 9 years serving wasn't really a toxic environment for the footie, of course there was banter but it was the 80's and so people didn't go ott back then. I was however on guard duty in 89 with a loaded rifle with one in the barrel due to IRA activity in Germany, with an Arsenal fan and a radio, I was tempted to shoot the fat cunt. Also in a fucking trench on exercise with the only fucking Wimbledon fan I've ever met for their famous cup win. Sneaked a radio into the trench, wish I hadn't bothered. He was fine though, probably because he couldn't even tell me who played for them. 

We should invite Ireland over to play one of their matches at Anfield. Fuck the FA.

Anfield off limits for England game due to ban on Sun journalists

Anfield will not be hosting one of England's Euro 2020 warm-up games next year

The FA have decided not to take any England games to Anfield because of Liverpool’s ban on journalists from The Sun, despite struggling to find a suitable ground in the north to host the side’s final Euro 2020 warm-up game against Romania next summer.

England have not played at Anfield since a friendly against Uruguay in March 2006, and will not return on June 7 next year even though the FA have limited options for the Romania fixture, which was announced earlier this week without a venue.

With Wembley unavailable due to preparations for Euro 2020, Gareth Southgate wants England to play in the north to build nationwide support for his side ahead of the tournament.

But Anfield has been deemed off limits despite the fact other stadiums are unavailable.

Old Trafford has been booked to host the Soccer Aid charity game on the same day, the Etihad Stadium is unavailable as remedial work needs to be done on the pitch ahead of a programme of summer concerts and Goodison Park is unsuitable due to its dated facilities and access issues.

The FA have held talks with Newcastle about using St James’ Park, but are yet to agree a deal. 

Sportsmail has been told Liverpool’s ongoing issues with The Sun have precluded them being considered by the FA, and the club are unwilling to alter their position.

The newspaper have been prevented from reporting at Anfield since February 2017 because of their historic coverage of the Hillsborough disaster, a ban which was extended to The Sun’s rugby league journalists earlier this year when they were denied entry to the Magic Weekend at the ground. 

The Rugby Football League accepted Liverpool’s right to ban Sun journalists, but the FA appear to be unwilling to get involved in what they regard as a private dispute. 

The governing body wrote to Liverpool, along with a number of other northern clubs, to inquire if they were interested in staging an England game next summer, but negotiations never got off the ground.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7765477/Anfield-loses-England-game-ban-Sun-journalists.html

14 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

We should invite Ireland over to play one of their matches at Anfield. Fuck the FA.

The FA have decided not to take any England games to Anfield because of Liverpool’s ban on journalists from The Sun, despite struggling to find a suitable ground in the north to host the side’s final Euro 2020 warm-up game against Romania next summer.

England have not played at Anfield since a friendly against Uruguay in March 2006, and will not return on June 7 next year even though the FA have limited options for the Romania fixture, which was announced earlier this week without a venue.

With Wembley unavailable due to preparations for Euro 2020, Gareth Southgate wants England to play in the north to build nationwide support for his side ahead of the tournament.

But Anfield has been deemed off limits despite the fact other stadiums are unavailable.

Old Trafford has been booked to host the Soccer Aid charity game on the same day, the Etihad Stadium is unavailable as remedial work needs to be done on the pitch ahead of a programme of summer concerts and Goodison Park is unsuitable due to its dated facilities and access issues.

The FA have held talks with Newcastle about using St James’ Park, but are yet to agree a deal. 

Sportsmail has been told Liverpool’s ongoing issues with The Sun have precluded them being considered by the FA, and the club are unwilling to alter their position.

The newspaper have been prevented from reporting at Anfield since February 2017 because of their historic coverage of the Hillsborough disaster, a ban which was extended to The Sun’s rugby league journalists earlier this year when they were denied entry to the Magic Weekend at the ground. 

The Rugby Football League accepted Liverpool’s right to ban Sun journalists, but the FA appear to be unwilling to get involved in what they regard as a private dispute. 

The governing body wrote to Liverpool, along with a number of other northern clubs, to inquire if they were interested in staging an England game next summer, but negotiations never got off the ground.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7765477/Anfield-loses-England-game-ban-Sun-journalists.html

Oh...,no...

36 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Long may it stay this way

Ace.

Although the FA "not wanting to get involved" is utter bullshit isn't it? They have got involved and they have decided it's more important not to upset a lying, hate filled, racist rag than it is to play a game of football at the home of the European champions.

And, I'm glad they have. Cunt off.

• Upvote 4

Why don't they use the Sunderland's Stadium of Light so that local Leave-voting Ingurlund knobheads can drone along to the national anthem and dance the conga while that shitty band plays The Great Escape and 'Self Preservation Society'.

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I actually want Everton to win. I fucking detest Chelsea, City coming along has legitimized the cunts. Doing it the right way with young players they hoarded.

I was wondering what people would be thinking about this game. I know Chelsea are rancid, but they ain't catching Liverpool this season and the  possibility of the Bitters going down, and not in the way they do when Man City come to town... ho boy.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Ace.

Although the FA "not wanting to get involved" is utter bullshit isn't it? They have got involved and they have decided it's more important not to upset a lying, hate filled, racist rag than it is to play a game of football at the home of the European champions.

And, I'm glad they have. Cunt off.

All part of the FA conspiracy to favour us in everything.... I welcome the decision. Know your enemies.