You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Alli's goal was rightly given as there was no definitive evidence of it hitting his arm.  However I do think it hit his arm, the ball changes direction, and maybe it wasn't as good a goal as it first appeared, which would be a shame. 

46 minutes ago, suzy said:

Really surprised the Mancs won, thought Mourinho would have had Spurs well up for that!

dont underestimate how much that United squad hated Mourinho. That is grade-A United anyway; beat Spurs and they'll probably go on to lose to Everton under their new manager later this month. Mediocre game-raisers.

I see Leicester have started slugging out fortuitous victories now, with Watford & Everton in succession. Will be surprised if they go and beat Villa this weekend.

Impressed with Amazon. It’s clearly the better platform, showed up how backwards sky and bt are. Can stream every game, stadium noise instead of tired commentary, no ad breaks, stats and everything on hand if you’re interested in all that stuff. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, suzy said:

Really surprised the Mancs won, thought Mourinho would have had Spurs well up for that!

I'm not.  They've consistently done well when up against sides that attack them.  Unfortunately for them the league is full of utter shit that they've no clue how to break down so they keep dropping stupid points. 

They've filled their squad with players that should be at the likes of Leicester and Everton and given them huge wages.   Results like tonight just keeps them thinking the likes of Rashford and Maguire will ever be big club players. 

11 hours ago, moof said:

Impressed with Amazon. It’s clearly the better platform, showed up how backwards sky and bt are. Can stream every game, stadium noise instead of tired commentary, no ad breaks, stats and everything on hand if you’re interested in all that stuff. 

Sky Go in particular is an absolutely appalling platform- not directly related to football streaming, but it doesn't even offer subtitles, which made watching the last series of True Detective a bit of a pain.

It's very annoying that sports streaming is apparently incompatible with my telly though. The rest of Prime works fine, I can stream movies etc, but I'll need to buy a firestick with exactly the same apps I already have on the TV to be able to watch the football. Or just fuck it off and watch upstairs on my PC.

15 hours ago, moof said:

I agree. This amazon footage has been ace. That 5 minute red v blue montage sort of thing with the likes of Bellew and Sam Quek talking about the Derby was brilliantly done. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I hate Jose as much as the next man but Ole is such a little shit with no class. You just know that if they go on a half decent run, he'll be full of it. 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Mate, he is in the middle of his half decent run. Two draws and a win is probably the best run this season. 

He was full of it a few times already this season after a win, they went on to drop points in the next game. Think I'm right in saying they haven't had back to back wins in the PL all season. City away next, so that stat will probably carry on as well. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Haha, they've really not been able to string two wins together all season? That's hilarious. Shit bastards

Yeah, it was a stat the German commentator/pundit brought up the other week and then they went on to draw with Villa. It really does show how shit Solskjaer is, plus he's always banging on about youngsters blah blah blah. Hope to fuck my manc mate is right when he said he'll definitely get to the end of the season and beyond the summer window. 

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, it was a stat the German commentator/pundit brought up the other week and then they went on to draw with Villa. It really does show how shit Solskjaer is, plus he's always banging on about youngsters blah blah blah. Hope to fuck my manc mate is right when he said he'll definitely get to the end of the season and beyond the summer window. 

Would be more than happy with that, but can't see it unfortunately. Especially if they keep up that kind of form.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Would be more than happy with that, but can't see it unfortunately. Especially if they keep up that kind of form.

It seems that the board are more than happy for him to be in charge whilst they build a squad for the future by buying in young players with talent/potential. Mind you, things can change quickly in football, especially if they get the chance of bringing in a manager early that they see capable of taking their new pet project forward. 

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I am torn today between wanting both Arsenal and Sheff getting 3 points to push United out of European place OR both Brighton and Newcastle getting three to leave Ev in a relegation heap

The latter all day long mate. United getting a spot in the Thursday night cup will just fuck them up for next season if that's what happens, they ain't getting top 4 and I doubt the current squad under Solksjaer can win the EL this season.