You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

The armpit rule didn't apply today with the VAR. Fuck all for us to worry about from either Everton or Leicester.

We've done what Brendan's bitches did today: not played very well and dug it out in the last few minutes. Yet we are deemed somewhat 'lucky' or we're 'getting the breaks'. No such curmudgeonly comments will be directed at this shower of midlands shite. For those on here who are pissing their knickers about being only eight points clear while not hitting top form - put a dry pair on and have a glass of prosecco, we're going to just carry on doing what we're doing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Smash Leicester on boxing day. Simple.

Huge game. Absolutely massive. In terms of giving them hope as much as actual points. A win might just have them focusing on finishing 2nd if they can.

Although now that I sat that, it doesn't make sense as City will push all the way.

16 minutes ago, andyj said:

i think alot remember what happened last year when we were about the same amount of points ahead and how fast that turned around 

And there you have it, the absolute panick in some people. How many points do you want us to be ahead mate? Honestly, think about it. We are 8 points ahead. Yes, it would have been great if Leicester had lost or even drawn but really, people didnt think we'd likely only be 10 (!) clear or at worst 8?

I really hope this shit isnt going to come out at the ground because then the players will get jittery.

Leicester won the same way we beat the shite last season, with a last gasp goal.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, andyj said:

i think alot remember what happened last year when we were about the same amount of points ahead and how fast that turned around 

A lot of people have pretty shit memories then because we have never, ever remotely been in a position like being 11 pts ahead of City with same number of games played.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, rotoq said:

Please no

His ego would be up for it, plus I don't think he has any long lasting love towards us. They may be in a mess but he knows he'd get a shit load of cash is my thinking. At Arsenal they are in a similar mess, maybe worse looking at their defenders, plus he wouldn't get a load of cash. neither will be in the top 4 this season, but the carrot of winning the EL to get a CL spot. 

34 minutes ago, rotoq said:

They're previous win is pretty irrelevant here. Current form, they are doing brilliantly.

Current form is they're on for 86 points. That won't the league this season, and it won't have won it in any other season in recent memory other than the one they won it with their deliriously low points total (Pochettino not winning the league that season was his one, true fuck up). When Vardy's current goal-a-game purple patch comes to an end the draws will start rolling in for them.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

And there you have it, the absolute panick in some people. How many points do you want us to be ahead mate? Honestly, think about it. We are 8 points ahead. Yes, it would have been great if Leicester had lost or even drawn but really, people didnt think we'd likely only be 10 (!) clear or at worst 8?

I really hope this shit isnt going to come out at the ground because then the players will get jittery.

Leicester won the same way we beat the shite last season, with a last gasp goal.

no panic here just stating how in a few matches it can all turn around