You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

4 hours ago, dylstar said:

Real Madrid not impressed with this Gareth Bale flag ........

image.jpg

Most of the time, I'd say he's being disrespectful to the ones that matter- the supporters of the club. 

Fuck that bunch though. Arrogant, entitled wankers. 

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They boo him anyway. They think he's shite.

Ironically he's one of their better players when he actually plays. Or maybes I just tuned into the wrong games. It would seem all he has to do is miss a chance for them to get on his back. If it wasn't for the money and no other club being prepared to pick up his wages he'd be long gone. He must have the skin of a Rhino otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Ironically he's one of their better players when he actually plays. Or maybes I just tuned into the wrong games. It would seem all he has to do is miss a chance for them to get on his back. If it wasn't for the money and no other club being prepared to pick up his wages he'd be long gone. He must have the skin of a Rhino otherwise. 

It's many things.

He isn't Ronaldo, his Spanish is shit, he's always injured, and their fans are generally cunts.

As you say, when he's fit to play he does well. 

He doesn't track back a lot, he doesn't press very much either. But then none of their forwards do. This, added to their pedestrian midfield, makes them vulnerable. 

They currently have - Bale, Hazard, Benzema, Jovic, Vinicius, Vasquez, Asensio, Mariano, Rodriguez, Isco, and Rodrygo that could play in the front three. Some are injured obviously, but the fact is that isn't where their problem lies. They've got four centre midfielders at the club, and three of them are slow as fuck. 

My girlfriend's father is a Real Madrid fan. His criticism of them is very simple. They don't run, they're not arsed. That's the problem with being a club like them. Run a circus and then be surprised everyone isn't taking everything seriously.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

It's many things.

He isn't Ronaldo, his Spanish is shit, he's always injured, and their fans are generally cunts.

As you say, when he's fit to play he does well. 

He doesn't track back a lot, he doesn't press very much either. But then none of their forwards do. This, added to their pedestrian midfield, makes them vulnerable. 

They currently have - Bale, Hazard, Benzema, Jovic, Vinicius, Vasquez, Asensio, Mariano, Rodriguez, Isco, and Rodrygo that could play in the front three. Some are injured obviously, but the fact is that isn't where their problem lies. They've got four centre midfielders at the club, and three of them are slow as fuck. 

My girlfriend's father is a Real Madrid fan. His criticism of them is very simple. They don't run, they're not arsed. That's the problem with being a club like them. Run a circus and then be surprised everyone isn't taking everything seriously.

Cheers, gives a bigger overall problem to their club. I used to watch shit loads of football, Spanish league included, but these days I tend to stick mainly to the PL and Bundesliga and watch the odd match from other leagues. Real are suffering because other clubs have improved and their turn up and win arrogance just doesn't work on quite a few teams now. Same could be said for Barcelona. They can spend as much as they like on players but they can only put 11 on the park. Of course as the season goes on they have a better depth for covering fatigue and injury, but they aren't running away with things before hand which always seemed to be the case. 

42 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Cheers, gives a bigger overall problem to their club. I used to watch shit loads of football, Spanish league included, but these days I tend to stick mainly to the PL and Bundesliga and watch the odd match from other leagues. Real are suffering because other clubs have improved and their turn up and win arrogance just doesn't work on quite a few teams now. Same could be said for Barcelona. They can spend as much as they like on players but they can only put 11 on the park. Of course as the season goes on they have a better depth for covering fatigue and injury, but they aren't running away with things before hand which always seemed to be the case. 

Yes, likewise I don't watch as much football now. I watch a reasonable amount of La Liga, as I did previously actually. Our games, and the odd other big Premier League game.

I think smaller clubs in Spain are seeing that Real Madrid and Barcelona are considerably more beatable now than a few years ago. When Barcelona had Xavi and Iniesta you just couldn't get the ball of them. They have a great a set of forwards but it hasn't worked collectively yet. Suarez is frequently injured, Dembele looked completely separate to the rest of the team, Griezmann is often stuck playing left wing. Real are just fucking slow. They get hounded by sides that nick the ball and counter on them.

Ten points from 1st to 15th in La Liga. Only Athletic Bilbao and Atletico Madrid look arsed about defending. Making for an interesting season.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, likewise I don't watch as much football now. I watch a reasonable amount of La Liga, as I did previously actually. Our games, and the odd other big Premier League game.

I think smaller clubs in Spain are seeing that Real Madrid and Barcelona are considerably more beatable now than a few years ago. When Barcelona had Xavi and Iniesta you just couldn't get the ball of them. They have a great a set of forwards but it hasn't worked collectively yet. Suarez is frequently injured, Dembele looks completely separate to the rest of the team, Griezmann is often stuck playing left wing. Real are just fucking slow. They get hounded by sides that nick the ball and counter on them.

Ten points from 1st to 15th in La Liga. Only Athletic Bilbao and Atletico Madrid look arsed about defending. Making for an interesting season.

Even closer in the Bundesliga, as Bayern are going through something similar to the Spanish Giants, and to some extent you could say the same about Dortmund and maybes Leipzig. 

If Atletico Madrid had won their so called easy games instead of drawing over half of them they'd be running away with la Liga. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Even closer in the Bundesliga, as Bayern are going through something similar to the Spanish Giants, and to some extent you could say the same about Dortmund and maybes Leipzig. 

If Atletico Madrid had won their so called easy games instead of drawing over half of them they'd be running away with la Liga. 

They're trying to shoehorn a 19 year old number 10 in to the side, it isn't working. 

I get the feeling Simeone had absolutely nothing to do with his signing.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They're trying to shoehorn a 19 year old number 10 in to the side, it isn't working. 

I get the feeling Simeone had absolutely nothing to do with his signing.

Is Simeone getting bored. Looking for a new challenge?  

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I believe he's made noises about awakening a sleeping giant in Liverpool.

I doubt he'd go to Tranmere mate, but who knows. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's a bad decision to sign just about anyone close to 30 for a big fee nowadays. Not sure how clubs still haven't figured that out.

Depends on the player imo. 

Everyone could see the drop off in Hummmels and Boateng at Dortmund. But others still look great and have 3-5 years left. Depends on if you are arsed about a sell on. 

Still remember the shock at Batistuta going for 35ml in 2000 at 31. Roma only got 18-24 months out of him but I doubt they cared with league win