You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

The PL fixtures are shit in my opinion. You get some clubs getting a run of 6, 7, 8 and 9 easy games in a row. chelsea are on such a run having played the likes of brighton, southampton, burley, newcastle, watford and palace.

Similarly Leicester are in the middle of such a run. They've got Brighton, everton, watford, villa, norwich before they play city then us and already having played palace, ourselves, burnley, southampton.

OK, you might say for chelsea the palace game wasnt easy on paper and same for Leicester with everton. But the fixtures are clearly manipulated nowadays and are not a straightforward draw.

Yeah, yeah, we all play everyone twice but this manipulation let's teams get up a head of steam that they wouldnt normally get. I look at our fixtures and wonder when we're getting a piss easy run of 8 or 9 league games. Fucking December and January look just about the toughest bunch of league fixtures you could imagine.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The PL fixtures are shit in my opinion. You get some clubs getting a run of 6, 7, 8 and 9 easy games in a row. chelsea are on such a run having played the likes of brighton, southampton, burley, newcastle, watford and palace.

Similarly Leicester are in the middle of such a run. They've got Brighton, everton, watford, villa, norwich before they play city then us and already having played palace, ourselves, burnley, southampton.

OK, you might say for chelsea the palace game wasnt easy on paper and same for Leicester with everton. But the fixtures are clearly manipulated nowadays and are not a straightforward draw.

Yeah, yeah, we all play everyone twice but this manipulation let's teams get up a head of steam that they wouldnt normally get. I look at our fixtures and wonder when we're getting a piss easy run of 8 or 9 league games. Fucking December and January look just about the toughest bunch of league fixtures you could imagine.

It bodes well for us as we've played all the top teams after tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I don't understand how anyone would "fix" the fixtures as there are so many factors that no one knows how manipulating them would even begin to effect results. We all have to play each other twice.

Guest Pistonbroke
39 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I agree, but playing a decent opponent every third of fourth (sometimes shorter periods due to CL/other trophies) game keeps us on our toes. Sometimes a bit of carelessness creeps in when you think you have a stretch of easy games. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I agree, but playing a decent opponent every third of fourth (sometimes shorter periods due to CL/other trophies) game keeps us on our toes. Sometimes a bit of carelessness creeps in when you think you have a stretch of easy games. 

I'd already snap your arm off for a point at Leicester.

Guest Pistonbroke
13 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Newcastle doing not as badly as everyone thought has slipped under the radar a bit - 15 points, 11th in the table, 7 above the relegation places. 

They have a few decent players, the Bruce affect will soon kick in again. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Sky Germany showing the derby between Wolves and Villa and not the Mancs v Brighton, oh how the mighty have fallen. 

On a side note, my local team Armenia Bielefeld are 3-0 up away to Nuremberg, if they go on to win they'll be two points clear of Hamburg at the top of the second Bundesliga, 5 points clear of third place Stuttgart and 8 points clear of 4th. Heady heights considering the last 7/8 seasons of mediocrity including having to get out of the 3rd league. They built a new stand before that (around 2008) and due to a lack of good sponsors/leadership at board level at the time and spiralling costs it nearly sent them bankrupt. In fact I think they've rebuilt all stands in the last 14 years or so. Now they finally have money to invest in the squad and keep players things are looking a lot better. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I'll be surprised if this Midlands derby finishes 11 v 11. Not that it's a dirty game but slap head Taylor seems determined to hand the cards out. Mings deserved a yellow, the others were early and soft as fuck. 

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Elite said:

I literally just turned it on and saw the goal, wonderful strike.

Wolves play some nice stuff but are pretty wasteful in the box at times.