You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Kane with a bad case of Ozilitis

A very good mate of mine is a life long Spurs fan and I said to him ages ago that the likes of Eriksen and Kane would be the first players to leave should the shit hit the fan. I still believe that. 

14 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

A very good mate of mine is a life long Spurs fan and I said to him ages ago that the likes of Eriksen and Kane would be the first players to leave should the shit hit the fan. I still believe that. 

Everyone keeps saying Spurs players are going to go but nobody seems to say where. Where are all these players desperate to go and who wants them?

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Everyone keeps saying Spurs players are going to go but nobody seems to say where. Where are all these players desperate to go and who wants them?

You seriously don't think a string of clubs wouldn't be interested in Kane should he hint at moving? Eriksen is as good as gone. Vertongen will be the next, although he's slightly over the hill. 

18 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

You seriously don't think a string of clubs wouldn't be interested in Kane should he hint at moving? Eriksen is as good as gone. Vertongen will be the next, although he's slightly over the hill. 

I'm sure clubs are interested in Kane but for what price? He's got 5 years on his deal so we're talking about a world record fee or close to that and he's just not worth that.

It is baffling to me they haven't sold Eriksen, though. Even with just a year left he would have gone for 60 minimum and they had bought a replacement. They should have seriously considered selling one of Vertonghen and Alderweireld and maybe Rose, as well.

They've had this weird rule of keeping players who don't want to be there anymore and it's biting them in the ass right now. They could have rebuilt and transitioned this summer but now this season has basically turned into a big waste of time. 

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It is baffling to me they haven't sold Eriksen, though. Even with just a year left he would have gone for 60 minimum and they had bought a replacement. They should have seriously considered selling one of Vertonghen and Alderweireld and maybe Rose, as well.

Isn’t Eriksen on a free come January? It wouldn’t surprise me if one of Madrid/Juve/PSG had told him to sit tight and take a juicy signing on fee.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm sure clubs are interested in Kane but for what price? He's got 5 years on his deal so we're talking about a world record fee or close to that and he's just not worth that.

They've had this weird rule of keeping players who don't want to be there anymore and it's biting them in the ass right now. They could have rebuilt and transitioned this summer but now this season has basically turned into a big waste of time. 

Some clubs are prepared to pay big money though, especially for English players as far as PL goes. I can't see Kane's price tag being a problem should he want to leave. 

I agree on Eriksen, although as Anubis pointed out that could be purely down to the fact certain clubs know they can get him for nothing and offer bigger wages than other clubs who may have been interested. Their insistence with holding onto players is purely down to Levy, strange when you look at how we rebuilt after moving Coutinho on, and Suarez/Sterling before him. It could be a reason why Pochettino is trying to get the sack (seems obvious that is what he is aiming for) as he realises he has to work with unhappy players who are also at odds with each other due to the wife shagging incident. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Palace are so set up not to lose that they then struggle to change tactics mid game. They still look like a counter attack side and the opposition have had time to settle into that. 

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Come on Palace. Shut these gobshite Leicester fans up.

Seems ages ago when they were everybody's favourite plucky little underdog. They are now one of the biggest set of entitled cunt fans in the league, chanting "We're going to win the league" 10 or so minutes ago. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Palace are so set up not to lose that they then struggle to change tactics mid game. They still look like a counter attack side and the opposition have had time to settle into that. 

I think having Benteke up top severely limits their chances of getting an equaliser to be fair