You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke

TBF that was a penalty, another VAR friendly decision to back up their buddies on the pitch. It would have been interesting to see the outcome of that at 0-0

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, an tha said:

Has there been one given yet at all?

Plenty of goals chalked off due to VAR, I can't think of any pen decisions which have been changed from no to yes off the top of my head. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Plenty of goals chalked off due to VAR, I can't think of any pen decisions which have been changed from no to yes off the top of my head. 

Yeah as i thought, loads of goals ruled out but i don't recall a single pen shout not given being given by VAR....which is just bollocks, no way have refs got it right every time.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, an tha said:

Yeah as i thought, loads of goals ruled out but i don't recall a single pen shout not given being given by VAR....which is just bollocks, no way have refs got it right every time.

Like I said, and on various other occasions, VAR are backing up their buddies on the pitch. 

City are an absolute machine.

Love the way they dominate the ball. Seem to play a front 5!! All this whilst rotating/resting players each game.

...their support is a lot less original than they used to be though. Seem to be re-hashing a lot of our tunes.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They should limit the usage to reviewing goals, offside and any flagrant red that the official missed.

It certainly needs reviewing, at present it's about as much use as tits on a Bull. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Dortmund beat Gladbach 1-0 to move level on points (15) with Bayern and Leipzig. Gladbach stay top on goal difference from Wolfsburg, both on 16 points. If Schalke 04 win their game in hand they'll go top on 17 points. Only two points between top and 9th placed Leverkusen. 

26 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Dortmund beat Gladbach 1-0 to move level on points (15) with Bayern and Leipzig. Gladbach stay top on goal difference from Wolfsburg, both on 16 points. If Schalke 04 win their game in hand they'll go top on 17 points. Only two points between top and 9th placed Leverkusen. 

The Bundesliga guy. Yeah ! 

Just seen the Burnley goal ruled out by VAR.

MOTD pundits back to their 'contact means foul' stance.

Funny that - they weren't saying that with Mane last week.

Last week it was according to Shearer 'a contact sport' - yet today he's agreeing with Phil Neville that the contact is enough for it to be a foul.

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just seen the Burnley goal ruled out by VAR.

MOTD pundits back to their 'contact means foul' stance.

Funny that - they weren't saying that with Mane last week.

Last week it was according to Shearer 'a contact sport' - yet today he's agreeing with Phil Neville that the contact is enough for it to be a foul.

Shearerdinger's foul - Simultaneously a foul and not a foul

• Upvote 1