You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Just now, Trumo said:

This stadium is a real 80s Eastern European throwback. Uninviting and uncovered concrete bowl with a running track. Boggy pitch. An atmosphere that alternates between whistling, jeering and blowing horns. A police van and an ambulance not far from pitchside. A whole platoon of riot police in one corner. Police dogs on leashes going apeshit at the (sparse) crowds because they've probably not been fed for days. Small boys. Jumpers for goalposts. Marvellous.

With about 73 people there.

The abiding judgement i will make of the games i've seen over the past few days is that teams like bulgaria, romania and ireland that used to have really good players are all now incredibly shit. I do still love international tournaments.

Odds are that team brexit are getting a kicking tonight from the hospitable bulgarians.

1. What is Uefa's three-step protocol?

Bulgaria 0-2 England

Uefa's three-step protocol for dealing with racism at matches is as follows:

1. The referee will speak to the stadium announcer and demand the halting of racist behaviour.
    2. If it continues, the referee can take the players off the field into the dressing rooms for a period of time and the stadium announcer will make another address.
    3. If it still continues, the match will be abandoned.

Just now, Anubis said:
  1. What is Uefa's three-step protocol?

Bulgaria 0-2 England

Uefa's three-step protocol for dealing with racism at matches is as follows:

1. The referee will speak to the stadium announcer and demand the halting of racist behaviour.
    2. If it continues, the referee can take the players off the field into the dressing rooms for a period of time and the stadium announcer will make another address.
    3. If it still continues, the match will be abandoned.

Step 4 - fine the home team's federation 20 Euros.

Josh clearly has never heard of the EDL.

Get Involved

#bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only)

Lfcway: Fifa protocol 1 executed. This is truly awful. Sad sad situation.

Josh: Got to give the English fans credit for drowning out the nastiness with a cracking rendition of God save the Queen

What do people think is the best course of action? Keep playing and embarrass them on the pitch? Walk off and have the game abandoned? Kick Bulgaria out of the competition? 

I dont know but but they need to try and get this under control. It’s quite clearly a problem that is going to keep escalating 

Just now, φαίνω said:

What a terribly racist comment that is. It's fucking football, colour of skin doesn't come into it at all. 

I don't know what you think you read, but I suggest reading it again.

My argument is that nations who have embraced racial diversity have reaped the benefits, not least in the sporting arena.