You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He is literally Mr whatcouldabeen.

He runs his contract down to engineer a move to RM and the fax machine breaks just before deadline. He runs it down further thinking RM will wait for him and stick with Navas, only to see the opportunity and sign Courtois. He signs a new, huge, career defining contract just as RM and Slaphead turn the screw on Courtois and jib him off, it’ll come after being pulled at halftime. He has nowhere to go, his form is shocking, but he’s clearing 300k a week and stinking the place out, but he’s their best player and they all love him!

Just as he comes to prominence Spain’s greats pack in the national team and their dominance ended.

All this and the knowledge he only has the warm hug of the Arndale Centre of a weekend.

It’s enough to make anyone glum.

That was beautiful. If you could now put that in the form of a haiku you will ascend to forum greatness.

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

They tried playing him, Costa and Joao Feliz together today. It doesn't work. Costa is looking a bit past it, and Morata is absolutely shite. 

“I am old. I don't look it, but I am beginning to feel it in my heart of hearts. Well-preserved indeed! Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can't be right. I need a change, or something.”

Greetings young Diego, I am Brandalf the Blue.

Image result for gandalf blue hat

7 minutes ago, Einch said:

Guardiola says his players were nervous. Is he confirming that his team shit the bed? Or is he being a disingenuous twat. 

He's making excuses to both put pressure on us and lull us into a false sense of security.

If he was saying this with 8 games to go I might, might believe him. But seeing as we've only played 8 games, he can fuck off.

46 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Seeing the highlights on MOTD Wolves created some very clear cut chances in the first half. 

City look very vulnerable at the back and Ederson is fantastic with his feet but is not a great shot stopper.

Yeah, City were a shambles in defence. They should have been a couple down by half-time. Wolves used Traore brilliantly in that second half.

Do people not remember Liverpool 93/94 era? I think we were as bad if not worse than the Mancs.

a lot of similarities though, expensive flops, injuries, youth players not up to scratch, the feeling of being left behind by our rivals 

has anybody said that this is beautiful yet?

oh they have

39 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

We need to win plenty of trophies whilst they are at their lowest, otherwise  the gloating will be for nothing!

Going into this season as reigning European Champions is a good start! If we can just get that league title in the bag finally the circle will be complete. Be like the 1980s all over again. Never thought I’d see it again in my lifetime.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

Going into this season as reigning European Champions is a good start! If we can just get that league title in the bag finally the circle will be complete. Be like the 1980s all over again. Never thought I’d see it again in my lifetime.

Agreed, need that league and then really need to kill them off!  See if Ole can take them down to the championship.

8 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Do people not remember Liverpool 93/94 era? I think we were as bad if not worse than the Mancs.

a lot of similarities though, expensive flops, injuries, youth players not up to scratch, the feeling of being left behind by our rivals 

oh they have

Well I do remember it a bit and no it wasn't as bad as the current Mancs. It was the Evans era - the era of the "Spice Boys". The era of a bunch of lightweight prima-donnas who weren't as good as they thought they were but actually were pretty good footballers in their own right. 

Ian Rush was still at the club, as was Fowler. 

Sorry, no. I don't remember it as being as bad. 

If I'm romanticising the past then please, forgive me. 

8 hours ago, Reckoner said:

oh they have

What was not to like about Ruddock and Dicks ?