You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

2 minutes ago, markcd said:

but that's going to be the story now though.

"It's Liverpools to lose" - "Will they bottle it?" 

all that shite

Last season and being front-runners with a healthy lead will have served us very well in that regard.

Much like reaching and losing the Champions League final in 2017 and how that prepared us for the next step.

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

What's Pep going to say about this in a bit, the weird little meff?

He'll try to be gracious in defeat and end up making a cunt of himself as his bitterness towards Klopp and out team comes to the fore. Coupled with how we have won our last few games this must be eating away at the fraud. 

19 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Grinch is writing a stiff letter to his local MP about City’s shameful lack of strength in depth.

Why didn’t they buy a second Kevin De Bruyne to come in for him when he’s unavailable?

Disgraceful scenes. Wouldn’t be like this if he was manager.

I was listening to one of the podcasts a couple of weeks back, just after Laporte got injured, and one of the guests genuinely said 'Well I don't know where they stand on emergency loans, but maybe they could ask for one'. I mean after spending the best part of a billion, a very fucking conservative guess, you should be allowed to just bring in more players, because, of course, reasons!

This is what fucking happens you derps, this is what teams go through and that's what makes the competition, at least sometimes, interesting.

I fucking hate the cognaitive dissonance surrounding City.

Oh, yeah, Grinch is a prick as well, obvs.

1 minute ago, markcd said:

but that's going to be the story now though.

"It's Liverpools to lose" - "Will they bottle it?" 

all that shite

Of course , it goes with the territory when you're setting the pace especially when we have blown a couple of golden chances to win the title in recent years

Long way to go yet and City are capable of going on a run similar to ourselves but we've given ourselves great chance now.

Just a shame we've won 17/17 over two seasons, instead of a single one as it would have almost guaranteed a title.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Fair fucks to Wolves.

I thought with the mid-week game they'd write this one off.

Nah, they were desperate for points due to their poor start. We know they have the players and a good manager, they were just having all sorts of problems in front of goal. That City defence was made for them. 

16 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

MOTD2 might be worth a watch now......what a fucking weekend. Just need the mancs to lose now for the fun factor and the fact it would send the bitters into the bottom 3. 

Will that Manc Mark Chapman be presenting it? I hope so, because he's too much of a pro to let some bitter bald cundit talk shite about Liverpool.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, deiseach said:

Will that Manc Mark Chapman be presenting it? I hope so, because he's too much of a pro to let some bitter bald cundit talk shite about Liverpool.

He normally does. 

Delightful, reliving the match thread at GOT

Saint Domingo

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
Too many injuries for City. Laporte Sane De Bruyne Stones Mendy. All missing far too many games.

Take Van Dijk Mane Henderson Matip and Robertson out the Liverpool team and see how they do.

The difference is though that Klopp’s injections mean they never ever get any injuries.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

City have Palace Away next. Another side that will have a go and have attacking weapons.

Palace are always uncomfortable to play away from home. Probably too much to ask for, but if City lost that and we spanked their neighbours Pep might actually start tinkering with his team and prioritise the CL big style. 

City have looked shaky in quite a few games this season, they are dammed lucky that they've had a favourable fixture list and an easy draw in the Cl. 

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I was listening to one of the podcasts a couple of weeks back, just after Laporte got injured, and one of the guests genuinely said 'Well I don't know where they stand on emergency loans, but maybe they could ask for one'. I mean afetr spending the best part of a billion, a very fucking conservative guess, you should be allowed to just bring in more players, because, of course, reasons!

This is what fucking happens you derps, this is what teams go through and that's what makes the competition, at least sometimes, interesting.

I fucking hate the cognaitive dissonance surrounding City.

Oh, yeah, Grinch is a prick as well, obvs.

Exactly. It’s about picking your squad and sticking by them, but of course you can’t future proof every possible thing which may go against you, and nor should you be able to. It’s like when Mourinho wanted to be able to have more players on the bench when Chelsea had twice as many players as everyone else. Blatant attempt to rig any semblance of competition.

Poor old City, having to deal with top players missing some games. We’ve lost the best keeper in the world for 2 months and his replacement, a free who spent the summer training with some lower tier Spanish club, hasn’t been so useless that it’s caused us to drop a single point in the league at the October international break.

It’s almost like there’s an art to squad-building and Klopp knows what he’s doing.