You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

I hope Rodgers doesn't lose the run of himself and decide he wants to show his ambition by going to Spurs. He needs to establish himself first at Leicester. Granted, at Celtic he'd won the league and cup a couple of times, albeit in a one horse race, so he felt he owed them nothing. But bolting from Leicester would look greedy and egotistic, when he's got nothing to show for his time there yet. He's got a good squad of players there, and he's getting some good results from a group he appears to have good relationships with, Vardy included.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I hope Rodgers doesn't lose the run of himself and decide he wants to show his ambition by going to Spurs. He needs to establish himself first at Leicester. Granted, at Celtic he'd won the league and cup a couple of times, albeit in a one horse race, so he felt he owed them nothing. But bolting from Leicester would look greedy and egotistic, when he's got nothing to show for his time there yet. He's got a good squad of players there, and he's getting some good results from a group he appears to have good relationships with, Vardy included.

On the contrary, I hope he fucks off to them over the next week or so. He'll be leaving Leicester in turmoil just before we play them and taking over a Spurs squad who will know their new manager is only going to be there until Man Utd or Chelsea show him a bit of leg.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Who gives a fuck about Rodgers? 

• Upvote 3

Guardiola sounding like a member of UKIP in his bungled defence of Bernardo Silva:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49820205

"There are many situations with white people where a cartoon will look similar," Guardiola said.

and

"One of his best friends is Mendy. He's like a brother. He took a picture of Benjamin when he was young and related it with this cartoon, quite similar for the image."

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

On the contrary, I hope he fucks off to them over the next week or so. He'll be leaving Leicester in turmoil just before we play them and taking over a Spurs squad who will know their new manager is only going to be there until Man Utd or Chelsea show him a bit of leg.

We also have a fair idea that hell leave spurs in a shit state that requires years to recover from. 

8 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Guardiola sounding like a member of UKIP in his bungled defence of Bernardo Silva:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49820205

"There are many situations with white people where a cartoon will look similar," Guardiola said.

and

"One of his best friends is Mendy. He's like a brother. He took a picture of Benjamin when he was young and related it with this cartoon, quite similar for the image."

Another pep quote from last year:

“My kids go to school with Indian people, black people, normal people, people from everywhere,”

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Pochettino blaming players for having different agendas. That's really going to help things. I'm guessing that it really is just a matter of time, no way he can carry on there. 

Pochettino will be Manchester United manager by November, I reckon.

For a club that spent £100m on Paul Pogba, £80m on Harry Maguire and £50m on Fred, it's a relatively cheap move that would appease the masses and deflect the flak that Woodward and the Glazers are taking.

Of course he'd be better than the former Molde supremo, but he's still no guarantee of anything for them.

• Upvote 1

Ole's at the wheel, and at the wheel he MUST remain. He gets the club, knows all about the United way, etc etc. Give him a new 5 year contract and also allow Woodward to continue doing the stellar job he's been doing. After all, the club is posting record revenues every year.

Guest Pistonbroke
31 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Jarv will never stay out of jail for long. Little scamp.

Didn't end well for him. Bet he's feeling a bit horse this morning when he woke up in a cell. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Pochettino will be Manchester United manager by November, I reckon.

For a club that spent £100m on Paul Pogba, £80m on Harry Maguire and £50m on Fred, it's a relatively cheap move that would appease the masses and deflect the flak that Woodward and the Glazers are taking.

Of course he'd be better than the former Molde supremo, but he's still no guarantee of anything for them.

Pochettino would be a deckchair rearrangement that would keep sparing these real culprits.

9 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Pochettino blaming players for having different agendas. That's really going to help things. I'm guessing that it really is just a matter of time, no way he can carry on there. 

That would be Eriksen he’s talking about I guess. Talking about that in public obviously isn’t a very clever thing to do. Anyway it underlines the value of getting in not only the best players, but also the right characters and creating a great team spirit. Which is one of the areas where Klopp seems to be the best in the business.

• Upvote 2

Pochettino is practically playing the Mourinho game of washing his dirty linen in public hoping that it'll cause trouble within the ranks, wind the club and trigger his dismissal. He's done it more often than would be prudent, and more often than would be considered accidental.

5 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Pochettino is practically playing the Mourinho game of washing his dirty linen in public hoping that it'll cause trouble within the ranks, wind the club and trigger his dismissal. He's done it more often than would be prudent, and more often than would be considered accidental.

Essentially when it starts to happen is the moment the individual considers himself bigger than the club. 

Although Pochettino has done quite well overall, his achievements to date are closer to those of a deluxe Harry Redknapp rather than anything truly sensational. I won’t be trembling and preparing to whip out the white flag if he goes to Man Utd. He'll be giving basketcase passive aggressive interviews within six months if they miss the top four and Woodward doesn’t deliver on what he wants.