You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke

This German commentator pissing me off wishing City would get a 9th to join the red mancs with the record scoreline....football started before the PL you cunt. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

With all due respect (and there's plenty)... don't be fucking daft!

It's a funny old game mate. Everton are nowhere near as shit as Watford and normally decent at home. Surely after today's debacle they'll want to put in a performance. 

Looking at those pictures of the Watford players at the end of the game, there's not a single one of them who looks pissed off, angry, embarrassed or looks like they've run themselves into the ground for  their fans or club.

Like I keep saying, the biggest hurdle Jurgen or, any other manager will have in winning the league, is the teams who surrender goals, games and points to city without trying.

Part of the fun is they finish the season well, that leads to less disgruntlement going into the summer, then they buy a few players, offer new updates on the new stadium and the hope rises again going into the new season.

Seems that they’re worse this season than last though.

City will have a field day next week.

Quick reminder that if we can beat Chelsea tomorrow, City kicking a drunk teenager lying on the floor 78 times means absolutely fuck all and they’re still 5 points behind.

If we can do that, if we stay focused and keep grinding out results when they hammer teams, that fact will play with their heads something rotten and go against them when they don’t face someone as obliging as fucking Watford. Guaranteed.

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Tom Davies laughing with McBurnie on the touchline won’t go down well.

Was just saying that Silva has lost that dressing room. No players like Jagielka in there to be the experienced pro. All little mercenaries who I bet take the piss right out of him. headed up by Richardson. You could tell by Silvas demeanour on the touchline. Scared to shout at his own players. 

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's a funny old game mate. Everton are nowhere near as shit as Watford and normally decent at home. Surely after today's debacle they'll want to put in a performance. 

We've all fallen into that 'they need a performance against City' trap before. Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me.

As far as the fans are concerned, though, it's their chance of redemption next week. Not by winning, and getting three points, but by losing again and thus winning the 'Taking Part Cup' making sure City have all the help they need in keeping der Redshite in their place.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

We've all fallen into that 'they need a performance against City' trap before. Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me.

As far as the fans are concerned, though, it's their chance of redemption next week. Not by winning, and getting three points, but by losing again and thus winning the 'Taking Part Cup' making sure City have all the help they need in keeping der Redshite in their place.

All fair points, but I'm holding out for a draw still. If Silva is sacked during the week then even better, players might want to show a new/ potential new manager some effort. Mind you, if we beat Chelsea tomorrow and Sheff United next weekend it really doesn't matter what those oil barons do.