You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

When I've watched Leicester, commentators have repeatedly assured me that Soyuncu is an incredible defender and that the supporters love him and then all I see is him giving the ball away from trying to dribble out of defense, get physically dominated and foul people in the box. He has objectively been terrible. 

It's weird how the football media just chooses certain players to gas up and ignore everything crap they do and then there are others that never get any credit. He's one they've decided is basically Maldini for no reason. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Spurs are lucky as fuck. Maybe not...Looks a mm offside to me......VAR surely has to give the goal. Offside, hahaha....talk about the narrowest of margins. 

How is the interpretation of the clear and obvious error rule different from a linesman missing a millimetre offside, where in my opinion, it's not an obvious error, and to our 2 penalty decisions last week? The linesman decisions are being held to a way higher,and impossible standard compared to the refereeing decisions. Funny as it was, that spurs goal,and all like it have to stand. It's fucking ridiculous

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, niallers said:

How is the interpretation of the clear and obvious error rule different from a linesman missing a millimetre offside, where in my opinion, it's not an obvious error, and to our 2 penalty decisions last week? The linesman decisions are being held to a way higher,and impossible standard compared to the refereeing decisions. Funny as it was, that spurs goal,and all like it have to stand. It's fucking ridiculous

It's run by incompetent fools mate. On Tuesday the VAR official didn't pick up an obvious dive and only barely looked at it for about 10 seconds. This offside today took over two minutes as they used all the gadgets VAR offers to disallow a goal because part of the arm, what must have been a few MM's was judged to be offside....fucking madness. 

No fan of the FA's implementation of VAR (who the fuck is?) but offside calls are black or white, even it is by a bloody yoctometre.  Offside calls are akin to goal-line technology, not penalty calls, so it should have nowt to do with human interpretation, hence clear and obvious should not even come to play in these.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Red House said:

No fan of the FA's implementation of VAR (who the fuck is?) but offside calls are black or white, even it is by a bloody yoctometre.  Offside calls are akin to goal-line technology, not penalty calls, so it should have nowt to do with human interpretation, hence clear and obvious should not even come to play in these.

Were marginal offside calls like that one ever a problem for the game?

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

It’s hard to gauge how good a footballer Ndombele is. Looks really good one minute Sunday League-esque the next.

Commonly known as 'The Harry Maguire effect.'

2-1 leicester, Maddison. Chubby Hamster will be interesting to listen to.