You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I’ve lived here for 30 years apart from 88/ 93 when back home working but now I live a 5 min walk to West Quay , worked on that and the block of flats behind Gun Wharf, which is quite nice and away from the shithole surrounding areas but all towns have them. It’s just fuckin’ boring

Mind you Pompey Dockyard did my head in in and out of those ships with scaffolding and the dry dock, used to have a few in the pub opposite bus station and landlady used to put me up if I got to bevvied , Lady Something? 

Worked on both grounds too , but not as good as working on Anfield , the old light gantry Kemlyn Rd , by the way my local had a police warning of Pompey lads coming for the game tonight, so stayed in. 

One day I’ll get back home.

That block of flats behind Gunwharf, I lived in a flat across the road above a hairdressers if thats the same block you mean. Meant to be getting flattened for a hotel. Good idea because that part (Landport I think its called) is a shithole. 

Is it the Lady Hamilton? Must be. Rough as arse-holes that boozer but in a good wayThe Ship Anson a bit further towards Victory gate is or used to be a decent boozer. Once I moved to Southsea I kind of stayed away from most other parts of the island unless I was going to Gunwharf shopping or for tea. 

Yeah can imagine a few tears-ups night with Pompey heading up there. Read the other day that they have cancelled the away fans bubble for the upcoming league cup match at Fratton Park. Stupid idea. Oh but Hampshire police have advised summer fans not to drink in Pompey boozers before the game..... That will be a nightmare for the police. can see violence on a heavy scale. I was there in 04 I think it was when they played for the first time in ages when Pmpey got promoted. Police wouldn't let them near each other so the Pompey fans just rioted with the police for house all the way up Goldsmith venue then Fratton Road. Running joke the next day was that every window got put in except the pubs and the bookies. I know a few lads who got lifted early hours a few months later for it. 50 odd all got jail-time and banning orders. 

I love Southsea like a second home but there are some horrible elements down there. Still, Portsmouth pisses on Southampton as a city. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That block of flats behind Gunwharf, I lived in a flat across the road above a hairdressers if thats the same block you mean. Meant to be getting flattened for a hotel. Good idea because that part (Landport I think its called) is a shithole. 

Is it the Lady Hamilton? Must be. Rough as arse-holes that boozer but in a good wayThe Ship Anson a bit further towards Victory gate is or used to be a decent boozer. Once I moved to Southsea I kind of stayed away from most other parts of the island unless I was going to Gunwharf shopping or for tea. 

Yeah can imagine a few tears-ups night with Pompey heading up there. Read the other day that they have cancelled the away fans bubble for the upcoming league cup match at Fratton Park. Stupid idea. Oh but Hampshire police have advised summer fans not to drink in Pompey boozers before the game..... That will be a nightmare for the police. can see violence on a heavy scale. I was there in 04 I think it was when they played for the first time in ages when Pmpey got promoted. Police wouldn't let them near each other so the Pompey fans just rioted with the police for house all the way up Goldsmith venue then Fratton Road. Running joke the next day was that every window got put in except the pubs and the bookies. I know a few lads who got lifted early hours a few months later for it. 50 odd all got jail-time and banning orders. 

I love Southsea like a second home but there are some horrible elements down there. Still, Portsmouth pisses on Southampton as a city. 

I was saying to a mate sort of , seaman, from here who knows loads of Pompey lads and doesn’t get into that stuff , I said when I first came here working in Pompey reminded me more of home a bit as opposed to Southampton, just the pub on every corner thing as it’s fuck all like Liverpool.

It was the Lady Hamilton, the flats were new and an old crane there , also we all went on a free bevvy around the old part when working on Cosham hospital for Laing O’Rourkes about 2005 the one before was a couple of years before , I know that other pub you mentioned and went in now and again , and also worked on a big barracks getting turned into flats or something just up from Southsea.

I should stick up for Southampton I suppose though I’d rather I was elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I was saying to a mate sort of , seaman, from here who knows loads of Pompey lads and doesn’t get into that stuff , I said when I first came here working in Pompey reminded me more of home a bit as opposed to Southampton, just the pub on every corner thing as it’s fuck all like Liverpool.

It was the Lady Hamilton, the flats were new and an old crane there , also we all went on a free bevvy around the old part when working on Cosham hospital for Laing O’Rourkes about 2005 the one before was a couple of years before , I know that other pub you mentioned and went in now and again , and also worked on a big barracks getting turned into flats or something just up from Southsea.

I should stick up for Southampton I suppose though I’d rather I was elsewhere.

Cosham. Now that is a shit-hole.