You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Alex_K

This United team is -- and I think this is no over exaggeration -- worse than any team we've ever had in the modern era, Rodgers' first season possibly aside. Even at our absolute worst in the 90s / early 10s we had the likes of Fowler, McManaman, Gerrard, (old) Torres, Sterling etc around the club. Pogba aside they are absolutely and utterly devoid of quality. Buying Nathaniel Clyne mk 2 & Matteo/Ruddock/pick 1 does absolutely nothing to distract from there being 2 players in that whole 11 that would even vaguely interest ourselves, City etc. - and De Gea is worse than both Ederson & Alisson.

Struggle to see them getting over 65 points this season at a push.

Guest Pistonbroke

The Mancs midfield is piss poor. A better forward line would have bummed them today. Still, another two dropped points against a soft team. I was chatting to my manc mate for the whole of that game and the poor fucker has given up on them, hahaha....let the OGS reign continue, he's fucking clueless. 

7 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

This United team is -- and I think this is no over exaggeration -- worse than any team we've ever had in the modern era, Rodgers' first season possibly aside. Even at our absolute worst in the 90s / early 10s we had the likes of Fowler, McManaman, Gerrard, (old) Torres, Sterling etc around the club. Pogba aside they are absolutely and utterly devoid of quality. Buying Nathaniel Clyne mk 2 & Matteo/Ruddock/pick 1 does absolutely nothing to distract from there being 2 players in that whole 11 that would even vaguely interest ourselves, City etc. - and De Gea is worse than both Ederson & Alisson.

Struggle to see them getting over 65 points this season at a push.

Possibly but its not as bad as some of the teams we have had. We have failed to get more than 65 points 11 times since the start of the PL. 

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Got to be honest after the Chelsea win I thought they'd do okay this season, easily top 4 but they are shite. Be lucky make top 6 

They were flattered by that result. Chavs dominated the first half and missed some decent chances.

• Upvote 1

Ferdinand spouting absolute bollocks saying I've seen enough to suggest that they ( Utd) are moving forward must have been watching a totally different match to the dross served up there by two mid table sides , long may the gimp reign because he ain't getting  jack shit out of them 

Guest Alex_K
3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Possibly but its not as bad as some of the teams we have had. We have failed to get more than 65 points 11 times since the start of the PL. 

Which seasons do you think we had a worse team in? I ask out of genuine curiosity & not in any way as a bi partisan Liverpool fan. The ones I can think of is Rodgers first season & Rodgers last half-season with Borini etc. Even then it is extremely debatable about which starting 11 was worse. I don't think these have even started to plumb the depths they are going to fall to. Not a striker on their books good for a goal and an absolutely fucked midfield.

I can't think of a single season under Souness/Evans/Houllier/Benitez/Klopp where our team was in a worst shape than theirs is.

They’ve got loads of players that I can’t make my mind up whether they’re good but inconsistent, or a bit shite but have semi-occasional top class performances. Doesn’t matter though - bottom line: with players like that, stumbling into 4th is the absolute ceiling and there’s no guarantee of that.

Just seen a stat about the hobbit’s win ratio since he was appointed permanently. I can’t be arsed copying and pasting but it’s brutal. They’ve an inconsistent squad at best and a piss poor one at worst, along with a benign manager who seems incapable of getting extra levels of ability from his players. It’s a toxic mix and I couldn’t love it any more.

4 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Could do with them going on a bit of a winning streak as we don't want the little fucker getting the boot.

Not a streak. They need to almost get there for the next 20 games. A few wins, draws and defeats. Just enough hope to prevent the trap door from opening.