You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

14 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Wolves equalise in the 6th minute of stoppage time thanks to a penalty given by VAR. But for that, our game against Arsenal would have been the sole outlier in a weekend full of away wins.

I can thoroughly understand how you dismiss the result of our irrelevant neighbours in that statement. 

That was fucking shit!!! I blame this on Poch, against Villa, City and today Newcastle he’s got his tactics all wrong and took ages to change it! I don’t care if Eriksen goes to Real tomorrow play him if he’s available!
In all his press conferences he has a bad energy, always grumpy and rants over nothing! If he doesn’t change and swallows his pride it will be a looooong season!

I hate to say it but I am starting to worry Poch has lost it as we have been playing so shit for so long (yes i know we got to CL final last season but we were still pretty uninspiring performance wise in a lot of games).

Poch the master of managing players fucks up managing players. Eriksen, verts, rose, alder affecting us badly

if poch wants to play this system I want him to fuck off out my club. got out of jail last week and were woeful today again. we have one of the best strikers on the planet and our manager thinks a system where he sticks as many players in the same section of the pitch is the best way to get the best out of him. we will get hammered next week, tactically we look like something from the 90s.

•  

What exactly ia wrong with us? 

We have looked prime AVB for a year now. Where is the pressing and hustle? We even had a full pre season. Liverpool had most key players playing all summer but pick the pace straight back up. 

Something is very wrong atm.

Poch is getting deluded if he still persists with some form of the plays he wants the team to play. Everyone with eyes opened can see what's so terribly wrong at the current setup.

We have the talents yet we regressed so much from where we were 5 years back. Stop bull shitting about all your grand ideas already and start playing some good performance matchess we have been missing since last season.

You haven been BACKED by Levy. Now deliver. For fucking hell sake.

I don’t really understand how we’ve got ourselves into this situation. 

We tried to sell Danny Rose without signing a replacement. We sold Trippier without signing a replacement. Poch is apparently feuding with Vertonghen and the Alderweireld situation seems to have been in limbo for almost 2 years. 

We are having to bring Eriksen on to save games despite him being imminently on the way out. 

This is mismanagement.

It's game's like these (and a lot of our previous lease games stretching to last season) where you wonder what the fuck we do in training. It's worrying how clueless we've been for so long.

This doesn't look good on Poch at all, the fact that we've shown no improvement in facing teams who sit back like this. Far too easy for teams to do this against us. 

We just don't look formidable any more at all.

•  

And that’s just comments on one page. All is not well in Awsomeville.

• Upvote 2

And my personal favourite - Klopp and Guardiola would be sniffing around the vacant Spurs job....

We need a change, it doesn’t have to be a new manager, it could be a new member of the coaching staff, and Poch being willing to listen to new ideas. 

It’s not like we’d be texting Fat Sam or Woy if Poch left, is it? The best in Europe would sniffing around, Klopp and Pep included.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why Spurs didn't sell Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld. They'll all leave for nothing in a year and the way they run their club means they'll have little to no funds to replace them. With Pochettino clearly not happy as well they seem to be on the brink of an implosion soon. 

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

And my personal favourite - Klopp and Guardiola would be sniffing around the vacant Spurs job....

Christ on a bike !

Those cunts are on the same level of delusion as Fat Sam.  Managers of the current Premiership and European Champions would consider giving up the throne for them ?

Losing that CL final to us has definitely done something to them, deflated them somewhere along the line and it could take them a while to get going again, if they ever really do.  It must be particularly galling for them as to get to the CL final gave them the impression they were within touching distance of us and the truth is being laid bare now.

They lose at home to the barcodes while we strut to the top of the table.  Only 3 games in and they're already 5 points behind us, I can understand their frustration.

Always the bridesmaid, eh Spurs fans ?

• Upvote 1

Don’t mind anybody being outplayed and getting a result at the Etihad.

The more the merrier.

But losing to Newcastle at home after dominating the game?

I know early season results can be strange, but that was just poor.

We’ve found out, sometimes the hard way, that the result is everything.

Just watching MoTD2 now.  Shocking defending for the goal, left the centre forward in acres of room.  Haven't seen the Kane one yet but thought the one on Son was a pen, got the ball eventually but only by going through the attacker.

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't understand why Spurs didn't sell Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld. They'll all leave for nothing in a year and the way they run their club means they'll have little to no funds to replace them. With Pochettino clearly not happy as well they seem to be on the brink of an implosion soon. 

If the kind of replacements were going to be of the level of Davinson Sanchez its no wonder they are being kept around. He's awful.