You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

13 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

Dunno, a full park the bus job with two goals to defend, might just have been enough. Will never know now. Single goal will win it and I can't see Linfield offering much in the weather forecasted for next Wednesday in Baku. 

But yes, outrageous result. Linfield got to an European Cup QF in the 60's and Glentoran to a UEFA Cup QF in the 70's so you're probably going that far back? 

I was going to write "40 years" but I couldn't be arsed checking so I played it safe! The Glens lost on away goals in the 60s to a Benfica side that contained Eusebio.

35 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

Dunno, a full park the bus job with two goals to defend, might just have been enough. Will never know now. Single goal will win it and I can't see Linfield offering much in the weather forecasted for next Wednesday in Baku. 

But yes, outrageous result. Linfield got to an European Cup QF in the 60's and Glentoran to a UEFA Cup QF in the 70's so you're probably going that far back? 

So you're saying that Linfield's best effort in Europe's top competition is exactly the same as our beloved neighbours ?

13 hours ago, DimReaper said:

I was going to write "40 years" but I couldn't be arsed checking so I played it safe! The Glens lost on away goals in the 60s to a Benfica side that contained Eusebio.

Yes, though that was a first round draw, so it's hard to read too much in to it. My Dad skipped school in Enniskillen to go to that game though, so it was a big deal for the whole province. 

13 hours ago, sir roger said:

So you're saying that Linfield's best effort in Europe's top competition is exactly the same as our beloved neighbours ?

I believe that to be the case, yes. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Hahahaha, bang goes Everton's chance of topping the table for the next 20 seasons. I bet GOT is having a meltdown. All that money and they have 1 goal to show for against three struggling teams and 2 against. Silva is clueless, he's just a cheap Guardiola who thinks sticking one attack minded player on after the other will get him a goal. He took off Bernhard who was their best player and offering width and left Gomez on the pitch who was absolute dog shit. They are also a bunch of dirty cunts as usual. A better team than Villa would have handed Everton a real bumming tonight. 

I bet the Everton fans will also conveniently forget the 'Same old Scousers, always cheating' songs when Villa play us. 

Apparently Southgate was at the match to watch Mings and Grealish, both were utter shit. 

Anyone else having problems with the site? Every time I click on a page it takes about 2 minutes to load. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Another thing. I watched the game on German Sky but had a stream open on my PC so caught the initial build up on Sky with messers G. Neville and J. Carragher. They were banging on about Giggs goal against Arsenal in that semi final at Villa Park for 5 minutes and then went on to wank about Silva and Everton breaking into the top 6. Loved Carragher as a player but he chats utter shite as a pundit and is nothing more than a rich boy done good scal. 

8 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

GOT have given Iwobi MOTM, he was only on the pitch for 30 minutes, and although he put himself about he was fucking shite. 

An Iwobi performance. 

Their whole squad is fucking terrible. Genuinely don't see them finishing within ten points of Leicester and Wolves.

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49449628

Not surprising. I know Celtic have their fair share of close to the bone chants but singing about being up to your knees in fenian blood was bound to catch-up with them at some point. Fucking rats. 

“I hope you die in your sleep, Brendan Rodgers, hope you die in your sleep I pray, hope you die, hope you die, Brendan Rodgers, from a bullet from the IRA,"

Sung about Rodgers when he left.