You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Third best team in the league and they aren't on same fucking planet.

Yup they way the commentary teams are talking about it on the radio is akin to Stirling Albion going to Parkhead, it's fucking ridiculous how their financial doping has effected the league.

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Is he not right?

I wouldn’t say our first team are vastly inferior to City’s. We lack their squad depth, but we’re not vastly inferior.

And if he means Spurs squad, then I’ll type my opinion when I stop laughing.

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Third best team in the league and they aren't on same fucking planet.

Get Moura on for Kane so at least they can just hoof something for him to chase four the three occasions they have the ball in the second half.

mOsT cOmPeTiTiVe LeAgUe In ThE wOrLd

Just now, Anubis said:

I wouldn’t say our first team are vastly inferior to City’s. We lack their squad depth, but we’re not vastly inferior.

He said squad, in his defence. Which is true. Our squad is vastly inferior. Understandably so.

I agree our first team is pretty comparable. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, niallers said:

If he meant we're inferior to spurs he can fuck off. If he meant we're inferior to city? He can fuck off

Just now, Special K said:

I thought he inferred Spurs have a better squad than us

If he did mean that then obviously he's a big mental.

The league is terrified of them and even worse is fact nobody really hates them so nobody puts in really big shifts v them and they never face big hostile atmospheres with fans baying for their blood.

The mancs hate them but they hate us more so are happy to lay down for them to spite us 

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

We did fantastic to even get so close last season.   That's not going to happen often with such poor squad options.   85 points could be a bloody good total for any other side in the league but you're probably talking 95 to be even close to them. 

Yep. Any team that finishes within 12 points of them has had an amazingly brilliant season. Of course, people will be calling for Klopp to go if we finish second by that sort of margin, completely disregarding the extent to which City have broken the league. For the time being, the real competition domestically is for second place. That’s the measure of how good a team is compared to the rest of the league.

I'd like to think they’ll regress when Guardiola leaves, but it’s by no means certain. Steve Bruce is probably the only top-flight manager who wouldn’t get at least 85 points with their squad, and if they continue to spend, they’ll continue to win. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them emulate Celtic and get 10 in a row.