You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

What do people think about this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49177284

Nigel Clough moaning on behalf of the EFL clubs that they don't get enough money from the premier league. The Premier league funds them more than their own TV deal. Bolton have collapsed by bad management. Apparently this year the wage bill for the EFL teams is over 1 billion pounds

The Premier should be funding more at grass roots by not EFL clubs imo. I've always said we are not a big enough country for 90 odd pro teams and if you look at the wages it's more EFL teams not living within their means 

In the Championship the average salary is between £7,500 and £8,500 a week. The top players in the Championship can earn around £80,000 a week. The average salary in League One is between £1,700 and £2,500, and in League Two it's between £1,300 and £1,500.

Why is someone in the 4th tier earning between 5/6 grand a month most clubs don't get 5,000 at the game so how are they paying each player on average 5/6 grand a month

19 hours ago, Lee909 said:

What do people think about this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49177284

Nigel Clough moaning on behalf of the EFL clubs that they don't get enough money from the premier league. The Premier league funds them more than their own TV deal. Bolton have collapsed by bad management. Apparently this year the wage bill for the EFL teams is over 1 billion pounds

The Premier should be funding more at grass roots by not EFL clubs imo. I've always said we are not a big enough country for 90 odd pro teams and if you look at the wages it's more EFL teams not living within their means 

In the Championship the average salary is between £7,500 and £8,500 a week. The top players in the Championship can earn around £80,000 a week. The average salary in League One is between £1,700 and £2,500, and in League Two it's between £1,300 and £1,500.

Why is someone in the 4th tier earning between 5/6 grand a month most clubs don't get 5,000 at the game so how are they paying each player on average 5/6 grand a month

I'm bloody infuriated by it. The article refers to the money as a "salary" then measures it by week. THAT'S A WAGE! 

...guarantee the safety of Honved's players and match officials! The remaining minute of extra time was played, then Craiova won on penalties!!! The 4th official took charge! 

We'll be having roborefs taking charge of games before long.....

I didn't know where to put this because I'm not starting the super cup final thread too early. (If I even make it to it) but its going to be a woman ref. I'm not too arsed personally but I bet a lot of people will be fuming. What i can say for certain is that Andy Gray and Richard Keys will be playing soggy biscuit while they watch it. 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I didn't know where to put this because I'm not starting the super cup final thread too early. (If I even make it to it) but its going to be a woman ref. I'm not too arsed personally but I bet a lot of people will be fuming. What i can say for certain is that Andy Gray and Richard Keys will be playing soggy biscuit while they watch it. 

The two assistant refs will be women too, with the 4th official being a bloke. They should have just gone for 4 women to complete the set. 

Hahaha

What a fuck up

Luton try playing out from the back, lose the ball and the keeper does a Ming with a tame shot right at him. Seeing as Luton fans are full on small time 'argh your shit' on every goal kick it's justice

On 01/08/2019 at 21:26, dylstar said:

...guarantee the safety of Honved's players and match officials! The remaining minute of extra time was played, then Craiova won on penalties!!! The 4th official took charge! 

We'll be having roborefs taking charge of games before long.....

Fucking disgusting........driving a van on the pitch like that.

Hope the ref was ok obviously.