You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sevilla (N) Friendly, 21/7/19

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Doh'Nuts said:

Can't see us playing those snide shithouse fuckers in a friendly any time soon.

Not unless we’re prepared to send out a team with the sole purpose of kicking the shit out of them.

Agree with most of the sentiments but our concentration levels at defending was worryingly bad at times, even with the big boys on the pitch. 

We can't keep being poor in these games over next few weeks and I don't think we will be. Just annoying really that we're struggling in a few areas. 

Nothing we didn't know already, but the cover for Sadio and Mo is proper shit. Kent has done okay-ish, but Woodburn and Wilson are far too slow to play on the wings for us.

On the tactical side, our protective shape when in possession needs a lot of working on right now. We are too easily exposed to counter-attacks when possession breaks down. Last season, we usually had one of the centre-mids dropping deep outwide when in possession to cover for the full-backs, but there's been a lack of that so far.

1 minute ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Very fortunate with injuries last season. As we saw with the likes of the Wolves game last season beyond the first XI there just isn't much there. Would be foolish not to bring anyone in on this evidence, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Our lack of strength in depth is concerning, hopefully we add a few much needed reinforcements.

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Could mean something to a few of the young players out there.  Will leave a bad taste in the mouth while simultaneously setting the bar higher for the lot of them.  Hopefully they react the right way and learn from it.

Milner seemed to be struggling, Larouci obviously took a heavy knock, Wilson and AoC taking hands to the face and plenty of other shite tackles flying in.  This lot can fuck off.

We seem to be everyones cup final, even in pre season friendlies now.

I can see why Sevilla players may have got fired up by the Liverpool fans being vocal there and in the numbers they were, and that is fair enough - but there is a line and they crossed it regularly.

You can play hard and be up for it in a pre season game, that is no bad thing - but to cross into absolute shithousery like they did is bang out of line.

Pre-season serves as much as a part of the process of elimination as anything else. We know that Brewster is going to get his opportunities this season, but as for the rest of the youngsters, especially Wilson and Kent, not taking their opportunities will only serve as confirmation that they're not up to it yet, if ever. 

We can hope Michael Edwards will be getting into gear and revving up. For getting top fees for outs as well as an inward transfer.

I'd keep Woodburn and Kent around (Kent really helped us as he carried the ball through the flying tackles quite well at times - one break in particular which Jones should have had a shot off).  Wilson, sadly, I think is going to be a lot like Suso.  Real talent, but not convinced he'll fit in for us.  Lewis looks like he needs to put in a bit more work before going out on loan, but he's close.  Brewster's obviously going to be in the mix regardless, hopefully Jones gets a sniff too.  The rest look like the u23s, with the odd look in at Melwood (and maybe the cups), will be plenty to keep them improving.

Brewster is the only one that will get a chance and that's because the club have been talking about him for years. They know he's good enough. Kent, Wilson and Woodburn aren't making it, no matter what they do. None of these games really matter in terms of making that decision. 

I've seen plenty over the last three years rather than a pre-season match where he ended up playing in three different positions over 45 minutes. I'd mainly keep him around because I believe he has a hell of a lot of talent and the loans haven't really helped him realise it.  So I'd give him more time at Melwood before sending him out again.

It's not because I expect him to improve the squad, more because I think it'd be best for his development - which might in the long-run improve the squad.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Arl arse said:

Woodburn seems to have regressed since he first came on to the scene. 

Only if you compare his performances against senior internationals to his performances playing in the u18s or in fairly strong lineups against lower league teams.

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Only if you compare his performances against senior internationals to his performances playing in the u18s or in fairly strong lineups against lower league teams.

Well Let’s hope the lad kicks on and makes the step up in quality to be a regular first team player. 

• Upvote 1

It all comes down to the manager that.  They were all at it.  Klopp is too classy to call the cunt out on it but we shouldn’t be playing these cunts again in any non competitive games and I’d be telling the other English clubs the same.  They shouldn’t be getting the exposure/money from these games if they are going to behave like that.

• Upvote 3

I’ve said it before, Spanish football is full of bad twats. Unfortunately the crowd encourage such behaviour. I went to the Barcelona derby a couple of years back... they screamed louder asking for the whistle than they did cheering for a goal.