You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One change you'd make to improve town

Oh Buoy

54 minutes ago, Mook said:

Mandatory Liverbird beer taps like they have in The Globe in every pub.

Going back in time & not knocking down The Cavern would be good too, out of all the shite decisions made by town planners/councils over the years, that has to be near the top of the list.

Oh & Transalpino should be a four storey superstore... maybe.

Apologies, that was three.

I always have a few in the Globe when home and a few other of the oldie type of pubs but I find that over the past few years town is changing for the worst and losing its essence ,for want of a word , it’s losing or lost what it was , maybe the older people dying off as we move away from the days I recall as a kid in the 60s and 70s , the last century.

Liveepool people seem to be outnumbered whether on the street or behind the bars , more geared towards tourism or something, it’s not what it was or how I like to remember it for sure. 

Also I’ve noticed the Globe is not as packed as it used to be, beer prices up to nearly £4 a pint, never used to be , would that be because of tourism?

As for the so called homeless , as they plague down here, they’re mostly drug addict abusive twats who know no shame , though obviously there are plenty of genuine cases , I agree with what someone said and be moved on to somewhere where they can doss whatever.

When I’m in town I’m usually in my hotel by about 9pm as too many arseholes about but I still love it and wouldn’t want to be from anywhere else though I don’t think anything can be done to improve it due to the shit times we live in.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah, best keeping it otherwise the cunts will start taking over decent boozers. 

Never been there , obviously walked past in the day but at night no thanks , I seen enough twats around there when at one of those white collar boxing things a while back , fuck that. 

Put a roof over the city. Oh my God, the rain yesterday. I wouldn't mind if we had been in Waterstones as we had been a few minutes earlier, but instead we were in that weirdly warehouse-type Tesco (at least, it was more warehousey than they usually are) on Hanover St having nipped in there to get the boy a bottle of water. In the end I felt the need to make a dash, so wretched a location it was, and got absolutely saturated. At least the boy found it all good sport.

Okay, that seems unrealistic. How about: sort out the fucking Royal. I'd say we drove past it today but it was more like driving through it, a Blade Runner-esque monument to Tory Britain. Finding homes for the homeless is definitely complicated when you have to feed PFI parasites

Okay, that seems unrealistic. How about: what was that about a roof over the city?

20 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Trains that run later than gigs would be nice. 

Yeah even an extra hour on the trains would be enough. Last train at 1am would be sound. Now I’ve moved further out I’m looking at £35-40 in a taxi if I miss my last train home.

I avoid Lord Street way if I can help it these days.  3 bands playing different songs on church Street. Harrassed by chuggers. Aggressive beggars, rough sleepers everywhere*. Armies of coordinated backpack/lanyard tourists weaving towards you. Stench of fried foods. Stag and hen dos. It's not a pleasant place to spent time. 

The docks, bold street,Liverpool one and hope street areas though are still lovely and you can have a good time there. 

*My annoyance is at the society which results in them, not them specifically.