You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Open 2019

15 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Fuck Fleetwood.  

I like him me. I know he is a blue but it was funny earlier. The likes of Mickelson and Duval in the clubhouse and Tommy walking in "Whose round is it?". His caddy when he was in the rough "Yeah go ed lad" 

Guest Pistonbroke

Lowry has just been so steady over the course of the four rounds, and of course he shot that 63 yesterday which must have felt like a gut punch to the chasing pack. Going to be some hangovers in Ireland tomorrow. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

How much did you stick on?

Didn't. Had a free quid bet off Ladbrokes and threw it on Rose 50p e/w. 

Not arsed though, never would have backed Lowry from the off. 66/1 I think he was. 

Made up though, cracking Open that. Trump will call it fake news. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Didn't. Had a free quid bet off Ladbrokes and threw it on Rose 50p e/w. 

Not arsed though, never would have backed Lowry from the off. 66/1 I think he was. 

Made up though, cracking Open that. Trump will call it fake news. 

I did my Ladbrokes free bet on Speith. 

I’d have been in the money if any or all of Rose, Rahm and Justin Thomas finished in between 6th and 10th. As is usually the case when I need a certain outcome in sport, Thomas and Rahm ended in a tie for 11th. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

What an afternoon of sport.

Made up for Lowry and hopefully it won’t be as shamefully long before The Open is back in Ireland or at Portrush again. 

Its in fucking Kent next year. Cunt yard. 

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

What an afternoon of sport.

Made up for Lowry and hopefully it won’t be as shamefully long before The Open is back in Ireland or at Portrush again. 

Lowry fucking rules. Fat-bastard, beer-swilling legend of a man.*

(*Posted from Long Ryders gig in Bristol!)

• Upvote 2

Somebody somewhere posted something like the following on Saturday, and Sky made mention of it before yesterday's round.

Average World Ranking Position of The Open* winner - 33

Average age of The Open* winner - 32.4 years.

Shane Lowry World Ranking - 33rd.

Shane Lowry age - 32.4 years.

* - It might've been any major, but think it was Open specific.

• Upvote 1