You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Open 2019

Guest Pistonbroke
13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

There are squliions of bigger prize cunts in the news than Rory McIlroy . At least he is good at what he does. 

What I saw earlier was him responding to the supporters and him being very courteous . 

Personally I'm no fan but he's not on my cunt list yet

Fair enough, he wouldn't make my cunt list either, but he's still a cunt. 

He's a rabid Manc. Lots of Irish people are which is a pity .

I don't like him for it and even less for playing with Trump but I can appreciate he's a fantastic golfer .

Anyway he entertained me for a couple of hours earlier and you won't have to watch him over the weekend Stig. All good

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He's a rabid Manc. Lots of Irish people are which is a pity .

I don't like him for it and even less for playing with Trump but I can appreciate he's a fantastic golfer .

Anyway he entertained me for a couple of hours earlier and you won't have to watch him over the weekend Stig. All good

One of my best mate's is a Manc (Irish), the other is a Spurs fan (Welsh). They are both shit at Golf. I'm not much better myself mind. In fact I can't play anymore due to the shoulders being fucked, Mini Golf is my level these days. As soon as my missus or youngest start beating me I'll introduce them to tiddly winks. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

One of my best mate's is a Manc (Irish), the other is a Spurs fan (Welsh). They are both shit at Golf. I'm not much better myself mind. In fact I can't play anymore due to the shoulders being fucked, Mini Golf is my level these days. As soon as my missus or youngest start beating me I'll introduce them to tiddly winks. 

I'm hoping you have already introduced her to him to be honest mate 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I've been playing for forty odd years and never got better . Now my putting has gone to shit it's on a downward spiral.

Shot ninety fucking six this week on an easy course missing at least 5 putts inside 4 ft. Desperate.

Anyway good luck getting it down the clowns mouth and through the windmill. I'll be joining you soon.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I've been playing for forty odd years and never got better . Now my putting has gone to shit it's on a downward spiral.

Shot ninety fucking six this week on an easy course missing at least 5 putts inside 4 ft. Desperate.

Anyway good luck getting it down the clowns mouth and through the windmill. I'll be joining you soon.

Putting is still fine by me, the swinging (opened myself up for a Stig response here) is somewhat harder, hence why I had to knock it on the head. Just way to painful before the OP, impossible now. It's a pity, because despite being average at best I enjoyed a walk around the 18 hole pine course up the road, and mainly for next to nothing money wise. Still holding onto my Clubs and Trolley, more in the hope that one of my sons take it up. Mini golf is fun though, I'd actually like to own my own Mini Golf place. The fuckers take it really seriously over here in Germany, they have their own clubs, balls and wear gloves! They get really pissed when some old guy ahead of them is sinking 1's and 2's with shit gear. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Putting is still fine by me, the swinging (opened myself up for a Stig response here) is somewhat harder, hence why I had to knock it on the head. Just way to painful before the OP, impossible now. It's a pity, because despite being average at best I enjoyed a walk around the 18 hole pine course up the road, and mainly for next to nothing money wise. Still holding onto my Clubs and Trolley, more in the hope that one of my sons take it up. Mini golf is fun though, I'd actually like to own my own Mini Golf place. The fuckers take it really seriously over here in Germany, they have their own clubs, balls and wear gloves! They get really pissed when some old guy ahead of them is sinking 1's and 2's with shit gear. 

Lets swap Birdies 

• Upvote 2

On 18/07/2019 at 16:46, magicrat said:

McIlroy in at +8 and out of it .

Anywon backing Woods can tear up their betting slips. Playing like a twat and obviously not fully fit.

Woods struggles on tougher links courses and only tears them up on the benign and shorter ones like St Andrews and Hoylake. Thought he would struggle when I saw the wind and rain on the first day. It's been a good test so far.

Just watched the first days highlights as wanted to see McIlroy's round.

I suppose anyone can let things get to them with bad tee shots etc, but his 'attempt' at a putt for boggie on the 16th was criminal golf. A good foot away from the hole and he thought he could just nonchalantly stroll up and knock it in without a care.

Here it is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/golf/49038027 

Guest Pistonbroke

Absolute stunning round of Golf from Lowry. 63 is so close to a low score record at a masters, one shot off I believe. 16 under for the tournament. Fleetwood with a very good round of 66 but finds himself 4 shots back on 12 under. Koepka, Rose and Holmes on 9 under, Westwood who had a mare with the putter today back on 8 under alongside Fowler. 

Set up for a cracking final round, Lowry`s to throw away, although with wind and showers forecast for tomorrow you never know.