You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Area 51, UFO's, US Government and all things alien.

Been in the news recently due to reports of an organised rush onto Area 51 to find them aliens. It's all a bit of nonsense as nobody would get near it but if I lived nearby I'd be there for the spectacle.

I guess it falls down to are you a Mulder or a Scully. Personally I think something is in there, whether it's a crashed UFO or alien corpse I'm not so sure but you never know. I don't think we can possibly be alone in the universe so why not? 

Watched loads of documentarys over the years and recently watch some stuff that ex Blink 182 member Tom Delonge has done recently in pumping loads of his money into finding out "the truth". Now he may be a crack pot but I can't help but be swept along by the excitement of it all.

Basically, in the words of X Files, the truth is out there and I want to believe.

Tin foil at the ready...

• Upvote 2

Just a load of land to test horrible shit that no-one can ever see. No aliens although they are out there. Doubt we will ever find them though and if we do it won't be for hundreds of years. And even then it will just be a cell in some water under ice or some shit. 

Anyway I am low on my sugar water 

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just a load of land to test horrible shit that no-one can ever see. No aliens although they are out there. Doubt we will ever find them though and if we do it won't be for hundreds of years. And even then it will just be a cell in some water under ice or some shit. 

Anyway I am low on my sugar water 

Yeah, they definitely doing some science shit in there that perhaps wouldn't get worldwide approval.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sting went there. 

Sting allegedly ripped off one of my brother's mates.  He was a musician who knew Sting.  Anyway, he wrote this really cool melody and some basic lyrics but never knew what to do with it.  Sting heard it, picked up the melody, changed the lyrics and it eventually became the song you know as Fields of Gold.  True story, allegedly.  

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Sting allegedly ripped off one of my brother's mates.  He was a musician who knew Sting.  Anyway, he wrote this really cool melody and some basic lyrics but never knew what to do with it.  Sting heard it, picked up the melody, changed the lyrics and it eventually became the song you know as Fields of Gold.  True story, allegedly.  

Dont stand so close to Moof 

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Does other life exist? The galaxy is too big, too old, for there not to be. There are billions of planets. But there is literally no evidence. Question is - where is everybody? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

Keep watching the skies! 

It's just lack of computing power- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

Once 'they' get the new Intel chips and reboot, there'll be aliens everywhere. 

Bostrom's paper is very interesting and persuasive, btw. Although it doesn't explain why 'they' would bother wasting processing power on incels. Or Hull.

• Upvote 1

OK had to look back at this after playing on the PS4, I posted this in the conspiracy thread not long back and it was under 500k, can't believe it's now at 1.4mil. The US military have warned people against trying to approach the base as well, probably not surprising considering that out of those 1.4mil there's likely to be a good few with screws loose.

Have been looking at the area though and reading a bit and it's dozens of miles from the nearest road, I think people at the base get flown in too. As someone commented at the Guardian, it's highly unlikely even a fraction of those that want to will actually reach the base. My fave bit was the jokes on the twitter hashtag just after it started becoming well known, had a good laugh at some of it.

9 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Does other life exist? The galaxy is too big, too old, for there not to be. There are billions of planets. But there is literally no evidence. Question is - where is everybody? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

Keep watching the skies! 

Law of probability makes it practically impossible that intelligent life does not exist. It also makes it pretty much impossible that we will ever know. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I always thought it arrogant of Humans to think we are the only life form in the Universe. We know so little about what is out there, yet assume too much. 

So where are all these other civilizations? The universe is 14 billion years old. There are 8 planets in our solar system and only one civilization. 

It is a paradox - there are too many planets NOT for there to be other intelligent life.

BUT... having a planet of the right size and mass for a livable atmosphere, water, not too hot or cold, being close to a star but not too close, avoiding comets and meteors and moons and other planets. When you look at it like that then the odds start to tumble.

Either way, fascinating question. I'm an open minded and optimistic person but i think other life being discovered would be terrifying. 

To get back to the original topic, there's no way there is alien technology being used at Area 51. Secret cutting edge technology - probably.