Quantcast
Philippe Coutinho - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Philippe Coutinho

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Welcome BACK to Anfield. 

This is happening. 

Hope so. 

No major problem with Coutinho.  Enough players have agitated for their dream move to Liverpool (thank you VVD), and I happen to believe his back injury was genuine. 

I know a lot a people have said fuck him he’s made his bed etc. I understand that but I don’t buy into it. It would be a great deal if we could get him back on the cheap.
Having 4 Brazilian internationals in the team would be boss. He would be the cover we need for the front 3. Also it would send out a fantastic message to the likes of Salah, Mané etc if there was ever any chance of them getting their heads turned.
Phil coming back with his tail between his legs calling Barca a bunch of cunts only adds to our appeal.

27 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I know a lot a people have said fuck him he’s made his bed etc. I understand that but I don’t buy into it. It would be a great deal if we could get him back on the cheap.
Having 4 Brazilian internationals in the team would be boss. He would be the cover we need for the front 3. Also it would send out a fantastic message to the likes of Salah, Mané etc if there was ever any chance of them getting their heads turned.
Phil coming back with his tail between his legs calling Barca a bunch of cunts only adds to our appeal.

Agree with all that. He'll also be desperate to show he's still a top player. If Klopp wants him it's a no brainer.

33 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Agree with all that. He'll also be desperate to show he's still a top player. If Klopp wants him it's a no brainer.

So we should sign a player that kicked up a fuss to leave, subsequently declined in his level of play, lost confidence, would still cost loads of money and would basically be crawling back to his former employer after a humiliating failure at the club of his dreams?

It's the exact opposite of a no brainer. That's a lot of shit to think about right there.

If the fee is right (it won't be) then I would welcome this. I think it would be a clever and astute signing that would sort out so many positions for us. And finally bring some depth to that left hand side. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

So we should sign a player that kicked up a fuss to leave, subsequently declined, lost confidence, would still cost loads of money and would basically be crawling back to his former employer?

It's the exact opposite of a no brainer. That's a lot of shit to think about right there.

All this "crawling back" stuff is unnecessarily emotional, and pretty irrelevant imo. Will he perform is the only question. If Klopp thinks so then we should do it.

And all players cost money, but I'd be surprised if bringing Coutinho back on loan was more costly than signing someone else.

Loan makes sense all round. Certainly dont buy him.

To get the money we did, sign VVD and Alisson, win the Champions League and then get him back on loan would be the kind heist even Oceans Eleven would applaud   

He hasn't even declined in his level of play either. He was the best player in the whole Copa America tournament. It's clearly Valverde who is the problem. 

Haven't replaced him so of course it's a no brainer. 

Do something else about the lack of creativity in the middle and cover for the front three,  then that might change. 

He's a top player and we absolutely need a player of his type as we just don't have a playmaker of his ability. On the other hand, we've improved massively since he's been gone. And of course he was a massive prick the way he went about leaving. Unless this is a very good deal for us financially, I would avoid.

30 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

All this "crawling back" stuff is unnecessarily emotional, and pretty irrelevant imo. Will he perform is the only question. If Klopp thinks so then we should do it.

And all players cost money, but I'd be surprised if bringing Coutinho back on loan was more costly than signing someone else.

If performance was the only question, we'd probably take him back. Except, it's clearly not.

Tbh, he was a little prick with the way he went about getting his big move, but the second he slaps in a 30 yarder all will be forgiven. He made a huge mistake leaving us, at least he's not too proud to admit it. 

1 hour ago, Soft Joe said:

Joe, you’ve gone soft. 

• Upvote 2

Let's be honest, if he comes back and has a blinder of a season and Barca say they want him back, what do you think he'll do? He'd go running back to the Nou Camp without even a goodbye. 

• Upvote 2