You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Looks to me like we’ve received most of the money bar £4.5 million, but Barca took out a loan to buy him and they still owe £84 million of that to whoever they borrowed it off.

Terribly written though.

This. 

And yes, I’d expect a better written piece from my 7 year old niece. 

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Looks to me like we’ve received most of the money bar £4.5 million, but Barca took out a loan to buy him and they still owe £84 million of that to whoever they borrowed it off.

Terribly written though.

Yeah, that was my take on things. Like we have all said, poor Journalism where they use a headline to sensationalise a story. 

21 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’m assuming, Barca borrowed the majority of the money from a third party lender who have already paid us the vast majority (probably just appearance, goal and win related bonuses left). 

Barca still owe a massive chunk of the Coutinho fee but to the third party lender and not us. 

Seems dodge. Do they allow third party ownerships in La Liga then? cc @Jairzinho

22 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Terribly written though.

Ah this makes sense.

They unsettled Coutinho to get us to sell him, and they did the same with Atletico and Griezmann. When Coutinho failed to meet their lofty expectations, they immediately wanted to flog him to the highest bidder and ended up loaning him to Bayern. Griezmann hasn't pulled up any trees yet either, and the various Barca mouthpieces are already whispering about throwing him into a part-ex deal for Neymar. They are poison as a club.

• Upvote 5

• 7 months later...
Guest Alex_K

Rummenigge has suggested a salary cap. Bayern cannot very well be seen to be buying someone like Coutinho (even if they could afford it). It also makes it unlikely they could financially rival an offer for Werner.

On 08/10/2019 at 18:30, Trumo said:

They unsettled Coutinho to get us to sell him, and they did the same with Atletico and Griezmann. When Coutinho failed to meet their lofty expectations, they immediately wanted to flog him to the highest bidder and ended up loaning him to Bayern. Griezmann hasn't pulled up any trees yet either, and the various Barca mouthpieces are already whispering about throwing him into a part-ex deal for Neymar. They are poison as a club.

Which is why beating them was so enjoyable after giving them s 3 goal head start. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

He must be absolutely sick.  He had it all here.  The club were going places and he was our best player at the time.  What a complete mess of a decision it was to go there.

The shit we've won and are about too. We're the ultimate fat ex getting into shape and looking hot as fuck.

• Upvote 5

All the shenanigans he was pulling to force the move as well.  He must feel pretty embarrassed about all that now.  He’s got to take responsibility for his own actions but I bet you he was getting a lot of pressure from his friends and family about moving there.  They must feel pretty shifty about it too.

Klopp is not just the greatest manager he will ever meet he’s clearly the nicest man in the business as well and is clearly loved by all the players around him.  He will have had Coutinho feeling the top of the world and you can imagine the sort of inspirational stuff he will have been saying to him to convince him to stay.  He still decided to leave and acted a complete cunt about it.  As nice as Klopp is he’s no fool either.  He won’t let a rat like that back on the ship.  Fuck him.

• Upvote 1

I remember him scoring very early on against Southampton, I was watching in a pub down here  I'd just got in and ordering me pint and thought has that gone in? One of them, off the underside of the bar, a cracker so I can't forget that and other moments. 

I doubt he'll be the last to depart as he did and I can't really have grudges against any player as its not important, well maybe one or two players, saying that though LF.C have risen to the top again so I doubt how anyone would think the grass is greener right now, but if it was me playing for Liverpool it wouldn't get any better even if we in Division 2, 

53 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I remember him scoring very early on against Southampton, I was watching in a pub down here  I'd just got in and ordering me pint and thought has that gone in? One of them, off the underside of the bar, a cracker so I can't forget that and other moments. 

I doubt he'll be the last to depart as he did and I can't really have grudges against any player as its not important, well maybe one or two players, saying that though LF.C have risen to the top again so I doubt how anyone would think the grass is greener right now, but if it was me playing for Liverpool it wouldn't get any better even if we in Division 2, 

I went to that game with a few of the lads off here. 3 rows from the front, it was pissing down and you couldn't see the goal. I ended up two rows ahead on the floor. I think Sterling sealed it near the end and I remember a fella running on and getting tackled by a steward. Then saw this in the paper the next day

150222-114-Southampton_Liverpool-600x398