You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

A loan deal would be ace for a player of his quality, if he gets his head down and puts the effort in, regardless of what we think of him. Obviously gives us another option against stubborn teams and strengthens the squad immensely when we need to rest/rotate players. 

But that's enough about Steven Caulker.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

15 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The first time he did something like either of these clips below them fans would be quiet and forgiving anything

As it stands City look to a bench with Sane, Jesus, and a few good midfield options. We have Origi and a kid without a minute of first team football. A bit more game changing depth last year and we possibly turn one of them West Ham, Leicester, Mancs or Everton draws into a win. Fans are fickle

https://youtu.be/vI6EMUHrF9s

Dont we have Oxlade Chamberlane, Lallana, Shaqiri, Keita or Milner (if we play 3 in midfield) as well?

I really dont go with this we lack strength in depth. And no, I wouldnt have him back after the shit storm he caused to leave less than 20 months ago.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Dont we have Oxlade Chamberlane, Lallana, Shaqiri, Keita or Milner (if we play 3 in midfield) as well?

I really dont go with this we lack strength in depth. And no, I wouldnt have him back after the shit storm he caused to leave less than 20 months ago.

Our midfield is sorted. However, we don’t have a left sided forward other than Mane.

I'd welcome him back on loan.  He would plug just about the only gap in the squad and it would be good to have someone whose presence would remind other potential leavers that all is not golden in Spain.  

At the end if the day don't accidentally press the bold, italic or underline button, it goes tits up from there. 

It's posted fine. Made me look Coutinho.  In my opinion  he improves our chances of winning the league if he comes back on loan. To buy him back we could probably spend that money better elsewhere. I just don't think we're going to sign anyone.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Neither Shaqiri or Chamberlain are good enough/able to play wide left and cover Mane. 

I'd rather buy someone else but if Klopp really wants him back on loan then we should do it. He fits what we lack in the squad in terms of a free kick taker and a creative player. My reservations are that in terms of midfield play he's not really enough of a two way player for what we seem to expect there but if he adopted the right workrate and it didn't take away from his attacking output then he could compete for a starting job there. He'd obviously be good to have against teams who set up to stifle us rather than win a game of football, potentially converting some of those draws to wins. Wide left he's a back up at best, and I'm not sure he'd be anymore comfortable with that fact here than at Barcelona.

Jesus they are really pimping him to us.  I had this down as a zero possibility or a maybe a little less. Those comments from his agent sound as if he has no-where else to go, a player of his quality with something (a shit lot) to prove on loan is a no brainer. Assuming we lose 15m/20m in potential add-ons if he leaves then he's basically free.

39 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If jurgen wants to make me eat cabbage and sprouts everyday of the year then I fucking will. His teeth are the holy light.

I have no idea what this has to do with Liverpool signing Coutinho but the words in these sentences have got me feeling warm and fuzzy. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

He's took off any reference to Barcelona in his instagram bio. 

Apparently he never had a reference to them in the first place. I think in his heart he knew it was a mistake. Probably his Mrs being on his case about the shit weather is what forced the move.