You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm pretty sure that any thread you've started to welcome a new signing has resulted in that player signing for someone else. 

Where were you when we were being linked with Moreno? 

Suck on that. How many players have you got over the line for us, eh? None? That’s what I thought. 

56 minutes ago, A_S said:

Also, his starting level of popularity with the reds supporters, having left the team at a critical stage of the season, would be about on par with his standing with the Barcelona hanky wavers, where he's already won multiple trophies (but not the right ones, apparently). 

The first time he did something like either of these clips below them fans would be quiet and forgiving anything

As it stands City look to a bench with Sane, Jesus, and a few good midfield options. We have Origi and a kid without a minute of first team football. A bit more game changing depth last year and we possibly turn one of them West Ham, Leicester, Mancs or Everton draws into a win. Fans are fickle

https://youtu.be/vI6EMUHrF9s

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s been five minutes and still no reply from Shooter. 

PATHETIC. 

I'll have you know that I predicted allison would be signed. And he was. The day before. So ner. 

Trying to remove all the crap about him before his dream move, would he add quality to the squad and give Klopp more options?

Probably.

So a loan move or whatever would suit us and that’s the deciding factor.

Fuck what him, his agent and Barcelona want, if it suits Klopp then go for it.

I’m fairly confident the days of us being rinsed by other teams is over now.

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We need RAWK to write a poem about him which will leave him no option but to come crawling back. 

Maybe you can start a thread which results in him completing his move?

17 hours ago, Soft Joe said:

Also it would send out a fantastic message to the likes of Salah, Mané etc if there was ever any chance of them getting their heads turned.
Phil coming back with his tail between his legs calling Barca a bunch of cunts only adds to our appeal.

On the other hand it could make it feel like less of a gamble, knowing they can flounce off and if it doesn't work out they can flounce back as if nothing has happened. 

How much are we reasonably talking about paying for Phil? 90-100m? If we've got 100m burning a hole in our pocket, is Coutinho really the best use of that money? 

27 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Maybe you can start a thread which results in him completing his move?

Maybe you could meet me at a certain promenade in the south of the city and we can end this with you getting beat up by a man wearing a child’s 2014/15 home shirt with Coutinho’s name on the back. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Maybe you could meet me at a certain promenade in the south of the city and we can end this with you getting beat up by a man wearing a child’s 2014/15 home shirt with Coutinho’s name on the back. 

Only if I can get a Zinger burger after getting my black eye.

9 hours ago, A_S said:

Barcelona probably isn't quite what he imagined (fans are entitled cunts, Messi and that saying about not meeting your heroes), plus Liverpool certainly isn't the same team he left, so a lot has changed in 18 months, and he'd have to be amazingly naive to not realize that.

That there's now a Brazilian group of players at Anfield, would definitely be appealing to him on some level. Also, his starting level of popularity with the reds supporters, having left the team at a critical stage of the season, would be about on par with his standing with the Barcelona hanky wavers, where he's already won multiple trophies (but not the right ones, apparently). 

He left as the best player at the club, and he’d come back not even as the best Brazilian at the club. Ha.

Guest Pistonbroke

A loan deal would be ace for a player of his quality, if he gets his head down and puts the effort in, regardless of what we think of him. Obviously gives us another option against stubborn teams and strengthens the squad immensely when we need to rest/rotate players. 

I don't have a problem with him personally. He came back after the transfer window closed and handled himself like a true professional. He didn't down tools and sulk on the pitch.

He shouldn't have refused to play, but we all know the tricks that Barcelona pull. We've seen it many times before - in the way they go about tapping players up. Bring him home. He can contribute. 

• Upvote 2